Tamiya_Cars_4_Life

What type of Tamiya Racing Fighter DT-03 tires should I purchase?

I am looking for new DT-03 Racing Fighter tires from Tamiya since my previous stock ones were shredded within a short period of time.

Does anyone know what type I should get?

I would want to get a set that I could use in the grass, dirt, concrete/pavement.

Thanks!

Tamiya_Cars_4_Life

Proline 2.2 Dirt hawgs rears and Dirt hawg 3 fronts would probably work well.

• Like 1

Carson also do budget wheel and tyre sets. They have a 2wd all terrain set for about £25.

I believe they are hex mount rears and  bearing fronts.

Thank you Bromley! I will take a look at which to get. If anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to share them.

Cheers,

Max

Bromley, I can't seem to find the Pro-Line Dirt Hawg III 2.2" 4WD Front Buggy Tires, I can only find these and they are DISCONTINUED online. https://www.amainhobbies.com/proline-dirt-hawg-iii-2.2-4wd-front-buggy-tires-2-pro1073-p/p362296

Any other suggestions? I can't seem to locate some of your tire recommendations. Do you, by any chance have a link to the products? I hope to find a pair that will arrive within a week or two since I have installed my new brushless motor and I can't use it because my tires are shredded.

Cheers,

Max

Thanks, TurnipJF!

I cannot purchase/find any of these items since I do not live in the UK. Thanks for the links though. :) 

Hopefully someone will be able to find a set in the US.

Cheers,

Max

Visit your preferred tamiya dealer, they should be able to source carson products.

I checked my local hobby shop. No luck, but thank you! If you have any other suggestions than feel free to state them! Gladly appreciated!

Cheers!

38 minutes ago, Tamiya_Cars_4_Life said:

I checked my local hobby shop. No luck, but thank you! If you have any other suggestions than feel free to state them! Gladly appreciated!

Cheers!

You can get them from tamico. They ship to USA but you have to email them to process your order as they’re under shipping restrictions due to covid 19 

Can I suggest you get another set of wheels? If you are doing a lot of tarmac stuff mud/grass/gravel tyres burn off quite quickly especially with a hot motor. Having one set for the road and another for off road might seem extravagant but you will probably save money in the long run.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NobbySideways said:

Can I suggest you get another set of wheels? If you are doing a lot of tarmac stuff mud/grass/gravel tyres burn off quite quickly especially with a hot motor. Having one set for the road and another for off road might seem extravagant but you will probably save money in the long run.

Yes, I saw a video from Nordic RC Visions. The tires I wanted to get become shredded after 2 or 3 runs on tarmac/concrete/asphalt. Thanks for the suggestion. @NobbySideways, do you know any others that would be good for concrete and tarmac?

With thanks,

Max :)

Still can't figure out which to purchase :huh: :lol: :unsure:. I purchased one set of stock tires for grass, and now I'm looking for tires that would be good for concrete/tarmac/pavement.

Your help is gladly appreciated!

With thanks,

Max :)

These tires and a set of Dark Impact rear wheels are what I use for on road driving. Even though they are called Dirt Hawgs, the tread pattern is fairly flat and doesn't wear out like spiked tires do. I actually haven't even tried them in dirt :rolleyes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Dirt-Hawg-I-Buggy-Tires-Rear/352637329179?epid=1000072933&hash=item521ad29f1b:g:zKgAAOSwRJFcqloM

@Biz73 and @dannymulder, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. I CAN PURCHASE THESE SINCE I AM IN THE US. VERY APPRECIATIVE!

If you have any other suggestions feel free to share them!

Extremely Thankful,

Max 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz73 said:

These tires and a set of Dark Impact rear wheels are what I use for on road driving. Even though they are called Dirt Hawgs, the tread pattern is fairly flat and doesn't wear out like spiked tires do. I actually haven't even tried them in dirt :rolleyes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Dirt-Hawg-I-Buggy-Tires-Rear/352637329179?epid=1000072933&hash=item521ad29f1b:g:zKgAAOSwRJFcqloM

these will work for the stadium thunder won't they?

44 minutes ago, Tamiya_Cars_4_Life said:

Those two proline links are the same tire. #PRO1071-00. The first link has it incorrectly labeled as the 1070. The 1070 is a completely different tread

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Tamiya_Cars_4_Life said:

This is the real 1070.. notice how higher the tread is.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/proline-dirt-hawg-ii-2.2-truck-tires-2-pro1070-00-p/p385831

1 minute ago, Tamiya_Cars_4_Life said:

Holy crap--- I had no idea! So then those are a different model than depicted??? Which should I purchase?

The headline listing is different than what's depicted, yes. They're selling you the PRO1071 which is pictured but stating in the headline that it's the PRO1070.