Richk213

TNX - Help

Hello all, first post here.  My friend gave me his old nitro TNX truck, which is in great condition, considering how old it is.  First few times starting it, it has been fine (although it took a bit to get it going), but i am now having trouble getting ti going.  The starter seems to work cranking the engine, then starts whirring,  i eased off the glow plug, and it doesnt really make a difference. I took the started off, and noticed the slipper pads (i think thats what they are called - the black rubber cylinders in the starter), it seemed to help when it was on the bench, but when reassembled i have the same issue.  I have cleaned the one way bearing, which seems to help, until i have it all back together, and try starting it.  When it does start, it runs pretty well!

i am used to electric tamiya cars (still running my 2001 Subaru)

any help would be good 

thanks

Rich

How are the needles set up?  I would try on the lean side when it's not starting well.  

You could also try running the starter for a few seconds without fuel. Just in case it's flooded it could eject extra fuel.  

Hi,

The damper rubbers in the starter system on the TNX do wear but they are more for the initial shock loading on the starter when starting. They are replaceable and cheap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-43508-TNX-TNX-Pro-TGM-03-9804192-19804192-Damper-Rubber-4-Pcs-NIP/391344499779?hash=item5b1df32c43:g:J~YAAOSwHPlWcuvF

It does sound more like a setting issue though