Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

Trailing link rear suspension Grasshopper

Got recommended this on you tube

His stuff is all on Thingiverse so thought it m in ght make a good lockdown project for someone with a 3d printer. Looks oike it works really well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Love that. That rearward motor makes it look like it's got testicles like a male hamster, mind you :-)

• Haha 1

Aw c'mon, that's not what a Grasshopper is all about. It should mindlessly bounce everywhere but be seemingly indestructible :lol:

Must let my kids have a go with mine, need to keep reminding myself that it only cost me £49...

On 4/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, ChrisRx718 said:

Aw c'mon, that's not what a Grasshopper is all about. It should mindlessly bounce everywhere but be seemingly indestructible :lol:

I think to an extent it's a little bit like stereos. When you're a kid (in the eighties) and you're quite happy listening to Hair Metal on a tinny crock ghettoblaster, all is well with the world. This, I put it to you, is the Grasshopper.

But then you get a little older, and maybe buy a cheap separates system, and realise that the difference is out of this world. You could never listen to the tinny ghettoblaster in the same way. This is the Inevitable Massive Upgrade. The Madcap, perhaps? The Super Astute? The (whisper it) Kyosho Ultima?

It's incremental gains for ever increasing cash from then on, but that first paradigm jump is always the same. And there's a bit of you thinking - wouldn't it be coo alto have all the panache of the Grasshopper, but the handling of the Astute? badword yeah. 

I haven't decided what the RC equivalent of Hair Metal is though. Acoms? ;-)

22 minutes ago, Barnoid said:

I haven't decided what the RC equivalent of Hair Metal is though. Acoms? ;-)

Alloy suspension arms? Glitzy but pointless 😂

• Haha 2

On 4/11/2020 at 11:19 AM, graemevw said:

Alloy suspension arms? Glitzy but pointless 😂

🤣 Literally anything anodised - especially if it's purple :-)