Oh How Original

OHOs TT-02 Group B Quattro.

Hello folks, new to the forum, not new to RC, but figured I would share my TT-02 Quattro build so far with you all.

Hope this is in the right section, I'm not a Tamiya expert, so if it's wrong, feel free to move it :) 

I won't bore you all with the full build pictures, but it has Fastrax CVDs, Tamiya CVAs, HobbyWing 1060, Etronix Modified 15t, Savox 0253, Zippy 5200 2s.

Just added some more period correct 8 spoke deep dish rims, which I think suit the car overall much better, also hate body posts, so didn't bother with those!

And got my transport for it built up :D

nD2QFBA.jpg

ToZrxKz.jpg

74d8lgQ.jpg

emwEken.jpg

n1gbtVI.jpg

yB6tDDk.jpg

AC7xKzq.jpg

NqVB0PT.jpg

W9eHktU.jpg

0lCYOSf.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Glad you made it over here. It's looking great so far. That body is a particularly awkward one to decal. Beer helps though👌

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, toyolien said:

Glad you made it over here. It's looking great so far. That body is a particularly awkward one to decal. Beer helps though👌

Thanks Neil, yes beer does help :D 

Excellent wheel choice. Much more authentic. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Butler said:

Excellent wheel choice. Much more authentic. 

I think so, I never liked the 5 spokes at all.

• Like 1

I had the chance to maiden this yesterday so I took it, mainly as a shakedown run.

Had some major signal issues from the STX2 I put in it, so that's now in the bin and will be pairing this up to my DX4C.

Tyres also weren't glued because I am not 100% set if I will use these tyres permenantly or the Tamiya rally blocks I've got coming.

I definitely made the right decision for wheels though, these will be staying now for sure.

I also want to try and give it a bit more ground clearance and the shell some more clearance too, without it turning into a Pikes Peak looking ride.

Plan is to add another set of magnets, which will raise the body 2mm.

The thicker/taller tyres will fill the arches more so it won't be too noticeable and should give me another 1-2mm of ground clearance.

I also plan to do the spacer mod and remove material from the hubs to aid in ground clearance and lifting the ride height just a little bit.

Will report back with how all that goes, but for now he's some (probably too many) pictures from yesterday.

GGr3BYb.jpg

oXVkJcR.jpg

cFsOpk4.jpg

Nb7cuoL.jpg

523fcmz.jpg

5cA9hxC.jpg

a18WcvR.jpg

8tyfkXt.jpg

9D2CaOS.jpg

xyVBHu1.jpg

7bnp93R.jpg

• Like 3

So made a little progress on my day off.

Interior is all cut out, this is the Tamiya cockpit set, seems to be a pretty good fit for the Audi, apart from the rear, but I don't think that's going to be all that visible.

Also got started on painting the drivers heads, I am going for a classic Bell helmet look, fitting for the era of the car.

Also got the lights wired in, if I could have been bothered, I could have got away with less wiring, but it was a fiddle getting everything routed from the spotlights, so I went with easy, it's not visible from the outside, so no biggie.

Just need to back the light buckets with plastidip to stop any light leaking into the cockpit.

That's all for now.

SZcfybj.jpg

rvNXTH3.jpg

B3l9Axf.jpg

bQ1v7FR.jpg

B8ys4yg.jpg

AoPoNCq.jpg

RoEwWzU.jpg

j2NYmfF.jpg

8phJaAO.jpg

• Like 6

Looking awesome, great work.

I wonder if some Tamiya 2-piece wheels (5 spoke) but painted all white would look good on there? 

tam-50672-1-800x800_0.jpg

4 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Looking awesome, great work.

I wonder if some Tamiya 2-piece wheels (5 spoke) but painted all white would look good on there? 

tam-50672-1-800x800_0.jpg

I did actually look at these too.

But my reference car uses 8 spokes and the ones I am using are about as close as I can get.

I might be wrong but based on my research, the Tamiya is based on the '83 Quattro, which uses the standard 5 spokes it came with and the 8 spokes I am using (or a version of the Minilite)

On 4/10/2020 at 1:44 PM, Oh How Original said:

I think so, I never liked the 5 spokes at all.

Agreed! What wheels are they? I've been looking for something similar for the same shell but no joy so far