Lunchy

Lunch Box antenna short

Hey guys

I bought a Lunch Box back in October.  It's been built for a while now but I am getting back to it since the weather here is improving.  One question I have is that antenna that came with the receiver is really short.  Maybe only 6 inches.  Will only go up the antenna tube just a few inches.

Any thoughts?

thanks!

What receiver is installed in the car? If it is a 2.4ghz receiver than that is normal, but I need some more details to be able to help you. 

Cut the tube down. That's what I did for my Midnight Pumpkin.

• Like 1

I never got round to asking this myself but always wondered whether a 2.4ghz suystem needed a line of site to the aerial. On some of my receivers its so short you cant get it outside of the body shell. Ive been a bit dubious on those on case it afffects the range or may cause issues? Does it matter thats its completely inside the shell?

My FAV and Midnight Pumpkin are the only 2 cars with 2.4ghz that have the antenna outside the body. I haven't had issues with any of them. My short course truck has a PC chassis cover and the body and it is the car that I have driven the furthest away because it is easier to see than the smaller 1/10 buggies.

That's just my experience. It could be different for others.

The actual antennes is the inch long bit at the end of the wire, it doesn't have to be outside of the car. I have mine inside the body just under the roof, in case you roll the car nothing gets damaged.

• Like 1