jbostontgs

Tgs carburettor screws

Hello there, has anyone got any of the two small screws or anywhere what sell them  which holds the carburettor on for the fs12- ss engine!

brought the car to restore and they must of used cheap screwdrivers to try and take it off.

much appreciated James 

Hi James,

If you didnt know the part number is 7684166 and its used on a few engines. I have had a quick look and they seem to be out of stock generally. I will take one of a spare engine and measure it for you. Most of these can be easily matched on Ebay. If I find a link I will post it.

As promised.

Screws are M3.5 x 5mm.

Plenty on Ebay if you need them and aren't bothered in them not being black, Auctions like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-Bolts-Screws-Button-Pan-Head-Steel-Zinc-Plated-M1-M2-M2-5-M3-M3-5-M4-M5/371545411026?hash=item5681d50dd2:m:mWuIqFUo7IVETOO5xo11POg

If you need them black then not so many choices over original. The FS-12SS and FS-12SW were made in conjunction with O.S Engines and so I would imagine the standard OS Carb screw will also fit. These are M3.5 x 6mm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Throttle-Fixing-Screws-2/152736223639?hash=item238fc9d197:g:0PcAAOSwvtFZ24h2

Thank you for the measurements, I’ll try my best to find originals somewhere but silver can do until then, I’ve got the clk- dtm just about to start a build thread,

I see you’ve pretty much got all of the collection, all your cars are next level well done! 

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks, I have all the TGS cars and the French Tamiya distributors one as well. Group shot below:  

IMG-6139.jpg

IMG-6140.jpg

IMG-6141.jpg

IMG-6142.jpg

IMG-6143.jpg

IMG-6144.jpg

IMG-6145.jpg

• Like 2

That’s incredible, and very rare! I remember when I was only a kid walking into time tunnels in letchworth and seeing them all in there if only I persuaded my parents to get a few more..

thanks for your help! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jbostontgs said:

That’s incredible, and very rare! I remember when I was only a kid walking into time tunnels in letchworth and seeing them all in there if only I persuaded my parents to get a few more..

thanks for your help! 

You are welcome, shout if you need any thing.