HondaHan

Hello From a New Member!

Hello fellow Tamiya enthusiasts! 

I've been creeping around the forum for years now (10 to be exact) and I finally decided to sign up to be a more active member of the community! I've always gotten great tips and tricks, news, and other fun Tamiya related stuff from this forum so why wait any longer?

I've been into Tamiyas since I was in 8th grade and still am as I get ready to graduate college (sorry if that made some of you feel old). Even though my first ever hobby grade RC was a Traxxas Stampede, the cars that truly got me super into the hobby were my Tamiyas. Ready to runs were fun and all but nothing compared to the fun and proud feeling of assembling your own RC! 

I dropped out from the hobby for a while make many when I got into high school.. because obviously I was far too cool to be into toy cars in high school. I resent that I felt that way because deep down I really missed my hobby and I really made me sad to not do what I wanted (like joining the tabletop games club with my real friends) just because I wanted to feel included by superficial friends. 

Towards the end of high school though, when I finally got over myself and was looking to return to the hobby, it was of course Tamiya that pulled me back in with the CC-01 FJ Cruiser!... Then the Hornet... then the Lunch Box... and the Midnight Pumpkin... the Monster Beetle... Blackfoot... Super Hornet... Rising Fighter.. DT-03... about 5 more Lunch Boxes...oh boy..

Now I'm deeper in the hobby than ever and I'm happier than ever! Working on these cars, driving these cars, and the conversations I have about these cars with people from all over the world is just something so special. Being stuck at home currently due to COVID-19 lockdowns, I am glad to have such a fun hobby to keep me occupied... though I wish I could return to work so I could continue funding this Tamiya addiction! 

My current Tamiya collection, not including the ones already mentioned include: WR-02C Honda City Turbo, Tamiya King Yellow, Tamiya Super Clod Buster, Tamiya MF-01X Drift converted ND MX-5, Tamiya Brat with a Monster Beetle body, Tamiya Monster Beetle converted into a Mud Blaster, CC-01 Pajero Hardtop, CC-01 Isuzu Mu, CC-01 Mustang project, CR-01 Rock Socker (currently with my old FJ Cruiser body), GF-01 FJ40, and a Comical Hornet converted into an upgraded Wild Willy 2, M02L Beetle, and Lunch Box Mini.  

I also have a YouTube channel called Han's Hobbies and an Instagram @hanhobbies. Not many of my irl friends are into RC and the few that are are only into ridiculous-brushless-60mph-travels-more-through-the-air-than-on-the-ground kind of RCs so making more Tamiya friends is always a plus! 

Stay safe and healthy and keep having fun with RC! I hope you guys will accept me into your community haha!

- HondaHan

Lunchie Thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hey HondaHan, welcome to the club!  It's always great to have new members join!

You're already cool, you have lots of good stuff!

• Like 1

O my are you in for it.

Gobs of fun here.

Stay well

and enjoy the site.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Hey HondaHan, welcome to the club!  It's always great to have new members join!

You're already cool, you have lots of good stuff!

hey speed he can't be a newb he has too much in his collection:D

• Haha 1

For such a young hobbyist you've racked up some serious inventory. Many of us were like you,"too cool in school" we now look back and drool over what we should have bought and put away. Keep building and expressing yourself through your cars.... mine keep me somewhat sane..... somewhat... lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dojo Dave said:

For such a young hobbyist you've racked up some serious inventory. Many of us were like you,"too cool in school" we now look back and drool over what we should have bought and put away. Keep building and expressing yourself through your cars.... mine keep me somewhat sane..... somewhat... lol

It's a result of being a big enough boy to have a well paying internship but still being young enough to not have many bills lol...

I feel the same way! Even in the short time I was gone a lot of cool cars came and went especially since Tamiya cars sometimes like to randomly disappear...

10 hours ago, Crashboxdummy said:

Welcome to the club HondaHan.  I’ve also looked you up on YouTube - you’ve got a new subscriber! 😁

Thanks!