Nayfy

Nikko Frame Buggy 'Black Fox' 1/14 scale

This is where my interest in RC cars began. It's a Tamiya Hornet copy but at the time of recieving this on Chrismas day (Mid 1980's aged 8 ish) I had never heard of Tamiya.... to be continued

My first off-roader was a yellow Nikko Mosquito, a re-color of the Black Fox. Very fond memories of that little buggy.

I have a Lobo II. Pretty much the same thing again except it takes a 7.2v pack instead of 8 AA batteries. Sears sold a version with the Lobo name too but mine is a Nikko. I have both blue and red body shells for it. It's converted to hobby grade electronics.

On 4/11/2020 at 4:01 PM, Saito2 said:

My first off-roader was a yellow Nikko Mosquito, a re-color of the Black Fox. Very fond memories of that little buggy.

I have the Nikko Mosquito

spacer.png

• Like 1

I have the Nikko black fox, in black.

I also picked up a cheap Tandy Turbo Fox (exact copy) to steal the tires, the gear box and springs so now it looks very tasty.

Personally I don't like it as much as the Turbo Panther, the fast gear is too high, and doesn't handle quite so well, but it's still very nice looking.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:57 AM, nowinaminute said:

I have a Lobo II. Pretty much the same thing again except it takes a 7.2v pack instead of 8 AA batteries. Sears sold a version with the Lobo name too but mine is a Nikko. I have both blue and red body shells for it. It's converted to hobby grade electronics.

Pretty quick with the upgrades