Sign in to follow this  
Evilive99

New kit suggestion - opinions please.

I just made the comical grasshopper and enjoyed it very much, took me about 2-3 hours taking my time, not including painting. .  I am looking for my next build.  The same difficulty.  Lunchbox/midnight pumpkin has been suggested but seems too easy and quick.   Looking to do A different chassis.  I like to paint and put on the decals/stickers and if there is a driver in it I like that too to paint.  1/10 or smaller and if it is vintage but on eBay that is OK too.  Thank you.  Saw the ta-01 looks like it could be good?

So if you're thinking TA 01.... go Ta02 either the 934 black edition or maybe a porsche gt2. One hassle the whistles and bells. Every hop up the gt2 is pretty basic order what hop ups you want start with bearings. 

• Like 1

Thanks that looks like a good one.  The vintage TA01 I was looking at was the hummer.  

Any other suggestions you might have?  I don’t want frustrating, just a similar time/difficulty building.  There are soooo many choices not sure where to go from here.  I wasn’t sure if People just pick something they like, or if there was a learning curve and there are some to avoid.   I’ve only ever done the comical grasshopper, and would enjoy a new chassis rather than another body with the same chassis.  The one you suggested looks good.  Thanks 

If you like the look of the TA01 / 02 then look at the DF01, Manta Ray and Top Force, essentially just the buggy version of them.

That new release of the Porsche GT1 looks interesting, on the TA03 chassis.  Probably a bit more complicated than the TA01 because of the belt, but it would be similar (based on no experience of the TA03 other than I would like the GT1)

Generally I find that the rereleases give a better build experience than the modern stuff too.

Since you haven't built one yet, any TT02 would probably fit the bill and they have heaps of bodyshells available.  First time building them they are fun, they are straightforward so you won't want more than 1.  Just need bearings and they are a decent runner.  There is also the TT02B buggy version if you want the buggy.

Of these though, my choice would the Porsche GT1 on the TA03 chassis for onroad, or the Top Force for a buggy

• Like 1

Another vote for DF01.  DF02 or DF03 are good too.  

Or you might like Konghead.  It does not wheelie.  But it's the gearbox from Comical Grasshopper, just that all 6 wheels turn, rather than 2.  Three times more gears to play with. 

Or Dynahead. 

Much slower than Konghead due to portal axles. Rather like a moon vehicle or something.   You'd definitely want to get all 70+ bearings before you start the project.  Especially those tiny 3x6mm bearings.  4-5 times more gears to play with.  

• Like 1

Almost done the M05 2CV RALLY. detail on the body will keep u busy.

20 hours ago, Juggular said:

Another vote for DF01.  DF02 or DF03 are good too.  

Or you might like Konghead.  It does not wheelie.  But it's the gearbox from Comical Grasshopper, just that all 6 wheels turn, rather than 2.  Three times more gears to play with. 

Or Dynahead. 

Much slower than Konghead due to portal axles. Rather like a moon vehicle or something.   You'd definitely want to get all 70+ bearings before you start the project.  Especially those tiny 3x6mm bearings.  4-5 times more gears to play with.  

Sorry, not to be a spoil sport but the comical grasshopper is on a wr02 chassis I think. The kong head is a much more complex build on a Gf 06 chassis i think similar tech to a gf01 or the land cruiser pick up and dump truck, it's fun truck with good motor in it. I run an xl5 traxxas set up and it flies. 

DT-03 is one form or another is a cheap fun build.

The video of the Konghead makes me want one. I just need a good local dry riverbed to run it. It looks like ridiculously good fun.

If you like doing paint and decals, then I would think any of the touring cars with racing livery would be good. Lots and lots of decals to apply in, say, the TT02 Audi Quattro or Alfa 155 kits. They don't come with a driver/interior kit like the old ones did, but it is available separately.

The M-chassis Fiat Abarth 1000 is a good one too. It has an exposed engine to paint and detail...

What are your suggestions for a 4-wheel drive car or truck?  I am looking to drive around on grass, pebbles, rocks, branches... off road.  Not to race, but just have fun.  Durable and won’t break easily.  Thank you.