gizard

Monster Beetle GF-01TR

I quite fancy one of these - can't seem to find anyone via the search that has one on here - am I mad? - will need alloy dampers (54670) and also alloy steering horn (54588) upgrade me thinks (I put these on my son's GF-01 Landcruiser)

I love Monster Beetles. I've been thinking about the smaller TR version for a small backyard track, but I just can't. Its a wheelie model...with portals...for trail driving/crawling(?). None of that adds up. Its expensive too. I just can't pull the trigger on something like that no matter how much I like Monster Beetles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have one both the GF-01TR and the regular non TR version (heavy dump truck). Both are a lot of fun. 

To minimize wheelies on the TR model, I bought a saddle pack battery and mounted one half of the saddle on front of the chassis, right where the bumper is. For the other half, I removed some of the plastic from the stock battery mount location such that the battery can slide forward close to the front shocks. Now the model has a significant front weight bias. It will still pull wheelies because of the low gearing but the wheelies are reasonable and fun. 

It is a blast to drive like that. Can clamber over almost anything in the yard. The diff putty almost locks the front diff so the turning radius is incredible.

I rarely run stock electronics but they work perfectly for this model. 

As an original MB owner, I couldn't pass this up. Love the look and I wanted something that I could do indoors with the kids. 

Once I build it, I plan to make some obstacles inside for the kids to drive over. 

I've got one. It's good fun.. 

Got it for my kids. It's not really a crawler, diffs can slip etc but it's good fun around the garden. Wheelies a lot and is solid enough to crash a bit. 

The body is closer to the QD md, not the normal version.