Evilive99

Off-road kit suggestion

What are your suggestions for a 4-wheel drive car or truck?  I am looking to drive around on grass, pebbles, rocks, branches... off road.  Not to race, but just have fun.  Durable and won’t break easily.  Thank you.  Cc-01?  Cr-01? Something else?

CR-01 is nice but pricey.

Have a look at the GF-01 or G6-01 platforms. Fun but capable.

Real or scale off road comes from other manufacturers unfortunately 

• Like 1

The Rock-Socker is probably the cheapest was to get a CR-01 chassis kit - you can always swap out the body for something different at some point later if you wished?

As Nobbi suggests, if crawling and scale off-road is your aim, there is not a lot from Tamiya compared to other brands - although don't discount the new CC-02 platform either?

Jx

Is that 200 for just a car or do you need electronics etc.?

The gf01 is fun for bashing all around. But if you are serious about crawling, forget about it. 

• Like 1

Hi, if you consider CR01 reinforced wheel axle 54048 are an option to be seriously considered. If you think about rock soker, extra ball bearings must be purchased to complete the series. 

In my  "modeling" life CR o one wasn't the most performing, but the most used and the only one ever sold.

• Thanks 1

The GF01 Landcruiser looks like fun.

If you want something a little more scale the MF01X Jimny is ok for light trail running and gravel rally type use.

Alternatively just for laughs, build a CC01 Landfreeder Tuff Truck. Put a sport or tuned in it and send it!

The Landfreeder can be had for very little outlay. It's genuinely tough and mods are unlimited.

• Thanks 1

Not for electronics, just for the base car, although the link you sent looks really nice and comes with an ESC!  Thanks!

2 hours ago, waterbok said:

Is that 200 for just a car or do you need electronics etc.?

Just for the car, not electronics.  Or around that range, not $350+ like some of the ones I see for sale on line.

If you want a Tamiya I would say CR01 is a go anywhere or maybe the new CC02.

Maybe a used CR01 to stay within budget and have some left for hopups.

23 minutes ago, Evilive99 said:

Not for electronics, just for the base car, although the link you sent looks really nice and comes with an ESC!  Thanks!

says motor and the esc

no receicver or transmitter (RX & TX)

where are you at, you purchase  A, B, or C (meaning what ever you chose and it does not come with a RX or TX you pay shipping the exact amount not over if you're in the states and i'll send it to you it's a  TQ Traxxas Link TX and the 5 channel RX. heads up this can only be program by the infamous UFO led lighting sequence, if you're over seas i don't know if it's worth the shipping that far, i could be wrong.

i just googled them both, +/- 40 smacks each used, PM me and will find out the exact shipping costs that you'd pay. (i'm not making any handling costs, it's our hobby and i know it gets pricy trust me i know):) 

these came with the Traxxas Spartan, were used twice cleaned and stored away. because of the LHS i always used Spektrum when i could, now it's all i use.

need a servo if you do let me know, i can dig one up and the funny thing is it's not being used right now may have 2 hrs on it tops. Solar something or the other, it's loud , slightly twitchy, and it could snap your finger off,  it's that strong, a HobbyPartz purchase from many many moons ago.

A CC-01 would be perfect for what you are wanting to do. Good looking, interesting chassis, plenty of hop-ups available, tough, zesty but not fast.