DonLawson84

Blackfoot steering issues

My son was driving his re-release Blackfoot complaining it was "steering funny".  I was checking the trim and looking it over when I noticed it does something really odd.

Transmitter right turn - wheels turn right

Transmitter left turn - wheels turn right

The left turn only will turn the wheels left if turned slow and not hitting the internal limit / stop on the transmitter wheel.  

Anyone ever experience this?  Nof sure if its the transmitter,  reciever or servo.

Hi welcome to the club

That is odd I have had a similar problem were it would turn left but no mater what I did it would not turn right That was a transmitter fault. If you have a car that you know works fine with all the radio gear in it you could swap the transmitter and receiver from that car and if it still dose it then swap the servo over but try to change the parts one by one so it will give you a better idea what the culprit is. If that fails change the motor and speed controller as I have had some weird problems with some speed controllers where they have made the steering go haywire but not very common. Also check if anything is loose on the steering if you haven't already.   

What transmitter are you using? I find whenever my kids use one there is an issue, their fingers seem to magically turn and twist ever knob

PThe transmitter is a Flysky AFHDS.  Its not a operator issue,  i tried again today and still acting up.  I think it is either the transmitter or receiver because as i watch the servo and steer left, as the transmitter dial is at about 75% the servo changes to a complete right turn.