grimlock

Wild Willy - reasonable price?

HI,

I always wanted a Wild Willy and was offered one. What is a reasonable price for a still working runner with normal wear?

Any help apppreciated.

Thanks!

Hi

I paid around £100 for mine with radio gear but no battery driver and also a few other parts missing it was boxed. I think prices are around £100- 130 is a fair price but not 100%

They're expensive, but the coolest model Tamiya ever made, so just get one!

• Like 1

I recently sold a refreshed one (not total restoration) for $300US (complete, no radio gear) . here in the USA. I find that if they are complete, in good condition, they run between $250-$400 here in the US. Not sure if they are more or less in Europe. 

20200207_154900.jpg

20200207_154935.jpg

• Like 1

finally got one...and second one.

will need a few body parts but overall I am happy with the condition

Willy´s brother is crippled. I will have to replace his arms asap.

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-25 at 16.36.00.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-25 at 16.36.01 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-25 at 16.36.01.jpeg

• Like 5

The blue one looks in very nice condition and would make a great basis for restoration or leave as is the green one is also a nice original find and the body is in good condition they both look to have been driven with care as the wheels are not all beaten up. you can never have just one wild willy there to much fun and look great I had 3 at one point but did one up to sell on.

Some of the sprues from WWII will work. The Wild Willy sprue with arms etc work, as does the winch, covers for the lights on the roll bar etc. Just food for thought. I made a mold for the grille using an original grille to aid in restoring a couple that came through my work bench. 

• Like 1

Score! Two excellent WWs to bring back to their former glory - or to enjoy as is
I've restored a few of these over the years, and had 17 at one point in time, but am down to a humble 10 or so now.

Unless you're going for a true original and hence very expensive build, you can find some nice replacement parts on Shapeways, like the grill.