glob356

Stabilizer Set for a Blitzer Stadium (anti-roll bars)

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone has already set anti-roll bars on Stadium Blitzer. I just bought a DT-03 stabilizer set (54561 / OP-1561).

If anybody has information about that, it will appreciated.

Thanks ! Take care.

Glob356

20200412_154522.jpg

20200412_154243.jpg

20200412_154301.jpg

2 hours ago, glob356 said:

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone has already set anti-roll bars on Stadium Blitzer. I just bought a DT-03 stabilizer set (54561 / OP-1561).

If anybody has information about that, it will appreciated.

Thanks ! Take care.

Glob356

20200412_154522.jpg

20200412_154243.jpg

20200412_154301.jpg

Those the stock c hubs? 

1 hour ago, rwordenjr said:

Those the stock c hubs? 

Yes it is.

3 minutes ago, glob356 said:

Yes it is.

Nice. That’s the weak point on mine. I’ve cracked both. Got the dt02 turnbuckle set coming with dt02 aluminum c hubs

• Thanks 1

Hi @rwordenjr,

Could you post a picture of your modification? Tks.

Glob356

6 minutes ago, glob356 said:

Hi @rwordenjr,

Could you post a picture of your modification? Tks.

Glob356

I will once I’ve got it set up! You’ve got the dt02 turnbuckle set on it don’t you ?

I know sway bars have a negative impact on independent suspension articulation on read cars but is that true on R/C?

Are your shock tower mounts home made? If so, they're very nicely done. If not, where did you get them? :D

Anti roll bars definitely work for some cars - I had a Wild One which the front bar helped a lot. Not sure it will make a huge different for the Blitzer chassis though, but I see where glob365 is going with his. B) Looking very nice...

I made a front anti roll bar for mine but havent driven it yet so dont know if it helps.

I also fitted different shocks. I didnt build the kit shocks but i assume the ones i fitted will be softer sprung so it may benefit more from the stabilizer bar. 

8 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

I will once I’ve got it set up! You’ve got the dt02 turnbuckle set on it don’t you ?

Yes. They are perfect for the Blitzer.

1 hour ago, graemevw said:

20200408-160714.jpg

The front ball studs only just clear the tyres. 

Great job! What did you use for the bar?

Just now, glob356 said:

Great job! What did you use for the bar?

Also, I can see that modifed the steering. What steering set did you use?

Could you please post some pictures?

I have some ideas but never really succeed.

Tks

3 hours ago, Gruntfuggly said:

Are your shock tower mounts home made? If so, they're very nicely done. If not, where did you get them? :D

Anti roll bars definitely work for some cars - I had a Wild One which the front bar helped a lot. Not sure it will make a huge different for the Blitzer chassis though, but I see where glob365 is going with his. B) Looking very nice...

Hi. I found them on ebay and I created adapters. Please check my post:

Don't hesitate to get back to me if you have any question or cool ideas to upgrade a Blitzer.

Some nice metal working skills there - must try something like that myself. I've been away from the scene for a couple of years, so catching up on those threads was fun.

What happened to your steering mod - that looked very interesting?

1 hour ago, glob356 said:

Also, I can see that modifed the steering. What steering set did you use?

Could you please post some pictures?

I have some ideas but never really succeed.

Tks

Ill take some more pics later.

I used schumacher parts as i had them and they are small. 

I used piano wire for the bar, 1.6mm.

I wanted to mount it like the dt03 one but the steering arms were in the way and it didnt look like i could make it work.

4 minutes ago, Gruntfuggly said:

I'd like to see your steering mod too.

Ok, ill finish my tea and take the front end apart. Its hard to get pics when in one piece as its all hidden.

• Like 1

Hopefully this shows it well enough. I made a plate to mount the cranks to, which is then bolted to the upper piece. I then made a cross plate that puts the ball ends inline with the bottom arm pivots.

20200416-134156.jpg

Took a few little nips and tucks to the pieces i made to get it all into such a tight spot. Had to slightly round off the sharp edge on the chassis opening too to get a decent amount of steering lock.

Thanks - that's neat - does it improve the steering much? I find my servo saver creates a lot of slop, so I was thinking of trying something similar. 

I noticed you don't have a servo saver at all now though.

1 minute ago, Gruntfuggly said:

Thanks - that's neat - does it improve the steering much? I find my servo saver creates a lot of slop, so I was thinking of trying something similar. 

I noticed you don't have a servo saver at all now though.

I never built it standard so cant judge how much its improved, but as a steering system it works well.

It has no servo saver as ive not driven it, that horn was on that servo already. Ill probably try it without one and if it strips the servo ill add one. Ive no idea what this servo is anyway, got a few with a car i bought. They are 30 year old futabas but have had new cases and gears fitted so no model name on them anymore. Dont think they are anything special though.

13 hours ago, Gruntfuggly said:

Some nice metal working skills there - must try something like that myself. I've been away from the scene for a couple of years, so catching up on those threads was fun.

What happened to your steering mod - that looked very interesting?

About the steering, I didn't go with this modification. Too complicated for now. I should rethink the place of the receiver and the ESC.

12 hours ago, graemevw said:

Hopefully this shows it well enough. I made a plate to mount the cranks to, which is then bolted to the upper piece. I then made a cross plate that puts the ball ends inline with the bottom arm pivots.

20200416-134156.jpg

Took a few little nips and tucks to the pieces i made to get it all into such a tight spot. Had to slightly round off the sharp edge on the chassis opening too to get a decent amount of steering lock.

That's a nice job.

• Like 1

You guys have modified servo set ups but for stock set up, what's a good servo saver? my stock one cracked although it still runs at the moment. I discovered the crack when I took the car apart and cleaned everything.