4stroker

rcMart - order processing?

Hi all,

On the 11/04/2020 I ordered and paid for a DT03 kit on rcMart.com.  I paid with paypal and the payment has gone through.

When I login to rcMart and check on my Order Information, it has been saying 'processing" since 13/04/2020.

Why would it be processing when the payment has been made?

I've emailed them twice about it with no response.

Will try calling them at some point but it's hard with the time difference (I'm in Australia).

Thanks, Mark

Could be due to

Covid-19 diseas

I have two packets for the States but all shipments are on hold until 3rd of may 2020.

also if you read the text on rcmart. They are saying something about the post office in hong kong not operating?

on ebay it says the seller rcmart is away.

I wouldn't worry too much; they're a little slow what with Covid19 and all. I have an order in the same dayas you and mine's still processing too. I think the last order I did with them about 3 weeks back took about a week to process, they're probably runnning minimal staff.

• Like 1

But as said, since 13.04.2020 postage from europe to USA is on hold until end of the month. Same could be with china?

27 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

I wouldn't worry too much; they're a little slow what with Covid19 and all. I have an order in the same dayas you and mine's still processing too. I think the last order I did with them about 3 weeks back took about a week to process, they're probably runnning minimal staff.

ok thanks.  That order you did 3 weeks back, when do you expect to see it?

29 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Could be due to

Covid-19 diseas

I have two packets for the States but all shipments are on hold until 3rd of may 2020.

also if you read the text on rcmart. They are saying something about the post office in hong kong not operating?

on ebay it says the seller rcmart is away.

thanks mate

So I received an order placed 16th March (before the banner appeared on the website suggesting they’re using other postage options) on 11th April, which gives a sense of how long things are taking to get (in this case) to the UK. That was HK Post.

i then ordered more parts on 3rd April, and it’s bern ‘order processing’ ever since. I emailed RCMart the day before yesterday, about this (the header below was from my message) and got a reply back within 12 hours - see below. Patience I suspect is all that is required here 👍

C9DC419E-9812-4ABC-9E8C-0A863F8D881B.jpeg

I got the same with an order placed on 18th of March, it got status shipped the same day but the tracking link had status "wait for pickup" ever since, finally switched to "left for destination" this morning.
So I'm hoping I will finally get my DT-03 parts somewhere in de coming week or so.

I think this rubbish that is happening at the moment has cought a lot of these online stores by suprise! I think because basically the country/countries have closed down for the forseeable future these companies thought people wouldn't be spending but the opposite has happened? One online company owner I know (sells computer games and equipment) sent all his workforce home (furlough pay) because he thought and for the first day or so orders fell to the floor but then he had to phone them all up to get back into work because orders have gone mad but he has a depleted workforce as has the whole chain to your door!, I'm looking for my next build and all the online retailers have back logs or no stock so now I'm thinking I'll wait until all the stuff (rc cars) which is being bought at the moment out of boredom when its bashed off everything in the garden eventually goes on Ebay!........a good restoration project!

UK stock for Tamiya is behind schedule, something like last shipment was back in February, they were expecting a decline because of Brexit spending fears, instead they've run out of many models because of a massive uptake in orders.

I feel for my local hobby shop who doesn't do very much online trading. He could have made a killing!

"Busier than the busiest Christmas time" for many online hobby shops.

Yep, my LHS is the busiest they have been in a very long time, it’s quite unbelievable really, all these people are buying stuff that I want/need 😂

I have a order placed on 26-03, and on 31-03 the tracking says left for destination  still not here yet I think we have to be patient.

The problem is that not every package that is send  goes with a cargo plane, most of the packages come with normal passenger flights, not many passenger flights these days with the corona virus.

For now I  stop ordering from rc mart and china, most of the stuff I order now  from Germany and local shops its for me the fastest here in the Netherlands.

• Like 1

They are slow to despatch my order.   I paid with paypal and the order remains as "Processing" for almost 2 weeks.

I can understand the issue with freight being very slow, but that doesn't explain why it takes so long to despatch an order.   

IMO this really needs a better Covid-19 statement on the website to explain what is going on.   They should be honest about the delays to be encountered.

Using their "regular post" is having a negative impact on their shipments. If you order from online stores based in Asia, most of them have advertised the delayed shipment (HK post suspended delivery to a lot of countries btw) and encouraging buyers to use a private shipping company (UPS,FedEx,DHL) but at a premium cost. 

Given the situation, all of use needs to extend our patience and understanding... with that being said, however, I ordered a ReRe Manta Ray kit and some bearings 2 days ago from AsiaTees.com and I was surprised that they had a the lowest shipping cost  (sub $40 via FedEx Int). I checked the ordered today and the status says shipped. Whether the transit time will be within the advertised window or not is yet to be seen. 

I also used my paypal and I think that also got my ordered delayed for a day since the transaction on my paypal account was pending for a day due to some verification with the order. I guess they had to do that as part of buyer protection. So I messaged paypal and within an hour after, they finally released the money to them and the very next day they shipped the kit. 

8 hours ago, Wheel_Nut said:

They are slow to despatch my order.   I paid with paypal and the order remains as "Processing" for almost 2 weeks.

I can understand the issue with freight being very slow, but that doesn't explain why it takes so long to despatch an order.   

IMO this really needs a better Covid-19 statement on the website to explain what is going on.   They should be honest about the delays to be encountered.

I asked them about this, and basically the status will remain so, even if it has been shipped, until the post office has provided them with a tracking number. So quite possibly it has gone, and they are just waiting for Hong Kong post to collect our ship it. 

I’ve been waiting for a couple of orders since 31/3. Finally today one of them looks like it has left Hong Kong

1 hour ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

anyone from the states or canada do any order recently and did you have delays?

I ordered a Bigwig in late march and it left Hong Kong. Looks like it still is not in the states, but may be here in 2 weeks. I've never ordered from RCmart before so I don't know if this is the expected shipping speed. 

• Thanks 1

Some of these orders may actually be sent in containers as part of other orders (known as LCL’s) on ships so transit times will be a lot longer. RCMart in particular are a very reputable company and have been around for years and years so have faith, you’re items will arrive, just slower than normal for the time being

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bash said:

I ordered a Bigwig in late march and it left Hong Kong. Looks like it still is not in the states, but may be here in 2 weeks. I've never ordered from RCmart before so I don't know if this is the expected shipping speed. 

I will assure you that this is not normal as I have had at least 20 successful transactions with RCMart over the years, typically only a week from order to delivery (heck, sometimes quicker than US stores).  Having said that, the world-wide struggle with Covid is no doubt creating significant delays with their shipping services.

To the OP, did you pay extra for premium shipping, or just a regular post? 

I know the HK airmail is suspended per their official website to multiple countries including N. America (USA, Canada and Mexico). But to give you another perspective but from another seller based in Hong Kong who used FedEx to ship my order:

Order placed April 14

Paypal Cleared April 15

Order Shipped April 16

ETA April 17 (tomorrow). Final destination is Leesburg, Virginia

On your PayPal account, does it say pending, or completed? If in any case, you are protected anyway by PayPal. Considering a handful of TC members have ordered and had success with them, I think their track record shows that they are a legit business...

4 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

anyone from the states or canada do any order recently and did you have delays?

I ordered some tires on April 11.  PayPal payment cleared on April 13.  The latest status indicates shipped on April 15.  Since they were just tires, I picked the cheapest option; I don't know when they'll get here.  Usually it's 2-3 weeks for post and ~1 week for EMS, but as other note those times could be stretched with COVID 19.

• Thanks 1

I'm in the UK and yesterday I received the order I placed on 31/3

Happy days, or maybe not, since I still haven't received the order I placed on the 17/3 :(

I'm worried too as this was prior to the warnings appearing on the website and I opted for cheap postage as I'm an idiot (approx £90 order value). I hope it's just held up somewhere...

Also placed a big-ish £50 order with Plaza Japan knowing full well it should get a customs charge slapped on top, but still no sign of that or the customs letter / form...

I’m still waiting for cheap post order placed on 18/3 worth about £80. I think I’m just going to have to bite the bullet and accept that it’s gone for good. If it turns up at some time then it’s a bonus. Parts are rather specific though so if I buy them elsewhere if they do come they won’t be much use!!!!

Do RC Mart orders not incur customs charges when they land in the UK?  Distributing from HK I just assumed UK duty and VAT would be applied on top?  So I find Tony's tamiya parts and/or Tamico cheaper when doing the calc... plus of couse much quicker delivery.

10 hours ago, burakol said:

To the OP, did you pay extra for premium shipping, or just a regular post? 

I know the HK airmail is suspended per their official website to multiple countries including N. America (USA, Canada and Mexico). But to give you another perspective but from another seller based in Hong Kong who used FedEx to ship my order:

Order placed April 14

Paypal Cleared April 15

Order Shipped April 16

ETA April 17 (tomorrow). Final destination is Leesburg, Virginia

On your PayPal account, does it say pending, or completed? If in any case, you are protected anyway by PayPal. Considering a handful of TC members have ordered and had success with them, I think their track record shows that they are a legit business...

I paid approx $50 USD for "EMS" shipping.  There was a slightly dearer ($6 USD?) option but it was actually a longer delivery time?