4stroker

rcMart - order processing?

A lot of their stuff avoids custom charges due to rather vague descriptions and values:ph34r:

I think the EMS is like a global post service that uses the local post office... that is different from UPS or FedEx since those companies uses their own shipping channel distribution

Today both of the orders I had placed in 31/3 and 1/4 arrived in NL. Interestingly one of those orders still says ‘waiting for payment to verify’ on the rcmart website.... 

I've just received emails from rcMart and Paypal:

"Dear Sir,

Sorry to inform you that Hong Kong Post Office is not able to ship out the order due to the substantial reduction in flight frequencies by airlines, which has resulted in a nearly complete inability to provide any air traffic capacity to cope with the volume of items conveyed oversea.

We have to cancel the order and refund back to your paypal.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

stay healthy.

Best regards,

rcMart.com - Customer Service"

Anyone know who has stock in Australia?!

• Sad 1

My order (from about 8 days ago) just changed to 'Shipped' but I havent got a tracking number yet. I suspect they didn't realise how many people would require something to do during quarantine, and none of us suddnely took up knitting. Or Diamond Dots.

8 hours ago, 4stroker said:

I've just received emails from rcMart and Paypal:

"Dear Sir,

Sorry to inform you that Hong Kong Post Office is not able to ship out the order due to the substantial reduction in flight frequencies by airlines, which has resulted in a nearly complete inability to provide any air traffic capacity to cope with the volume of items conveyed oversea.

We have to cancel the order and refund back to your paypal.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

stay healthy.

Best regards,

rcMart.com - Customer Service"

Anyone know who has stock in Australia?!

Try AsiaTees. I think their shipping cost for FedEx Int. Priority is around $15 usd for parts. Kits could be around $30, depending on weight. What were you buying? 

If anyone is ordering from RCMart via Ebay, it's always better to order directly from the site because they have courier options. From FedEx, DHL, and others too. Also easier and more options of browsing through their products.

Been getting stuff from them since two years ago and they have more products to offer than Asiatees. 

• Like 1

My XV01 KD kit got sent via fedex and is in Singapore at the moment so things are moving slowly 

• Like 1

I ordered a kit on the 23rd March and was picked up by Parcelforce 24th March but hasn't progressed anywhere since then. So presume its stuck at Hong Kong post office?

Have emailed RCMart this morning and they were quick to respond but only advised to be patient.

My order is now received.   Was ordered 6/4/20 and paid for EMS service.   Shipped on 21/4 using Fedex service for no additional charge.   Arrived 24/4 in Australia.

On 4/24/2020 at 11:48 PM, Wheel_Nut said:

My order is now received.   Was ordered 6/4/20 and paid for EMS service.   Shipped on 21/4 using Fedex service for no additional charge.   Arrived 24/4 in Australia.

Any customs to pay with RC Mart using alternative couriers...?

8 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

still waiting on my order from 3/28. Yes, that's MARCH 28TH. 

Good luck. 

One of mine from the 17/03 still hasn't arrived.

I have some information about orders that were placed towards the end of March.

I placed and order with RCMart and Asiatees on the same day: 27th March. On the 27th April i emailed both companies to see if they could give more info on the tracking. RCMart said they would take a look, but the live chat on Asiatees told me that from the 3rd week of March Hongkong post and some other postal companies had imposed a 1 month quarantine on all outgoing parcels. And sure enough, when i now check the tracking on my Asiatees order for the 27th April (1 month after the tracking initially said it was shipped), it now shows as shipped.

Thought this might help re-assure people that deliveries are just 1 month behind rather than lost...

• Thanks 1

I think reading all of this we have to come to the conclusion that All couriers wether it's the countries postal service or private companies are all having logistical problems one way or another staff shortages or like an above email says physical space in the aircraft that are actually flying and numerous other problems so I think if your going to order from overseas and far eastern countries your going to have to expect its going to take a lot longer than we are now used to (unfortunately), sorry for being the old guy who says "I remember when" but I remember when this was the norm and everything was on the slow boat from China I actually ordered a VHS video tape of the promotional videos (remember them) from tamiya back in the early 80's very early 80's and it took about 3 months to get to my door all it did was ramp up my excitement because I actually had an original tamiya promotional video and in the package was posters of the then rc buggies and up and coming rc's SRB'S, hotshot etc......definitely worthy of the waiting! Brilliant memories!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, futureworks said:

Any customs to pay with RC Mart using alternative couriers...?

Yes.  My order was shipped via FedEx to the UK.  Customs of £25 applied, with a £12 Fedex payment processing fee, that's on import value declared of £50. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, PaulRC10 said:

Yes.  My order was shipped via FedEx to the UK.  Customs of £25 applied, with a £12 Fedex payment processing fee, that's on import value declared of £50. :ph34r:

I thought so..I think when RCMart use HK Post to send stuff, they have always in my experience declared nominal value (even on kits) and marked as a gift, hence I’ve never ever paid customs  on orders coming into the UK. I suspect using alternatives like fedex etc has altered their comfort in declaring low, so I think after my current order arrives (for which I now expect to get customs charges), I will be avoiding using them until things return to normal post.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:26 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

I ordered some tires on April 11.  PayPal payment cleared on April 13.  The latest status indicates shipped on April 15.  Since they were just tires, I picked the cheapest option; I don't know when they'll get here.  Usually it's 2-3 weeks for post and ~1 week for EMS, but as other note those times could be stretched with COVID 19.

Update:  My tires arrived today on April 30.  So that was 19 days between ordering and receiving them.  I don't think the time for the cheapest shipping option has changed much, at least for small parts orders.

Mine has passed through customs and has been updated to .... Customs charges raised :o

Look like i now need to wait for Parcelforce to issue the bill :ph34r:

just ordered from rc mart of e-bay and it says they are away until the 3rd of may so orders may be delayed.

I ordered a bunch of parts from 3Racing back on 6th March.  Wow, seems like a lifetime ago, we were barely even talking about Covid-19 in the UK then.  I ordered them to rebuild two cars for a race event that should have taken place on 26th April, just 6 days ago.  I got a despatch notification on 11th March but nothing showed up; I figured things were going slow in HK due to the virus, which was starting to become a concern here.  On 9th March I booked a hotel for 13th March; on that same day I got told I wasn't allowed to do any work-related travel.  By the morning of the 13th, when I set off for what was to be my last RC weekend away before lockdown, it was starting to feel like it could become a serious problem, and I was wondering whether I ought to go.  The following day, while at an RC track, we were told the track would officially close the following morning because of the virus.

I mailed 3Racing on 15th April just to confirm the order wasn't lost, but expressed my patience and said it was fine if it was delayed due to the virus, I just needed confirmation.  I got a very quick reply saying HK Post was under a lot of strain due to reduced staff numbers and quarantine restrictions on outgoing mail.

Anyway, my package arrived safe and sound yesterday.  Last night I sat down and fitted my titanium turnbuckles and kingpins to my FF02 in the hope that we will get a round or two of the Iconic Cup in sometime later this year :)

Be patient - things are moving

No showing 'revised custom charges'. Looks like they have opened it and adjusted the charges :(

Oh well, you win some, you loose some.

I've order from RCmart many times in the past, perhaps over 5 years now,  never been hit with customs charges, even on kits. Perhaps our UK customs have grown wise to this and are now more stringent?

got a notification saying order shipped today from the order i placed yesterday even though the page says they are away until the 3rd may:huh:

My order from 10th April turned up today in the UK. First order that came via another courier since RCM said HK Post weren't operating (small box of parts worth about $90), but came through normal delivery, no customs.