Dandy

Tires for stock wheels - VW Amarok

Hi all,

Just bought a used Amarok with the CC01 chassie and need better tires asap. Is there any 1,55 tires that fit the stock wheels or do I need to buy both new tires and rims?

If so which ones do you recommend for the Amarok?

The CC-01 uses 1.9 wheels stock. While limited, there are some options for 1.9 tires that will fit the smaller proportions of the CC-01. You will have to change wheels and tires for a 1.55 setup. I've attached a spreadsheet of commonly used tires in the RC crawler world that you can filter by wheel size and tire hight. Anything under 4" (102mm) tall should clear under a stock CC-01.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12BVRbkra0vsKbtJ2unyEdAQIqClM7O-5SqB9tApNi2o/edit?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

I use 96mm absima steelhammer tyres on my cc-01 with every other row of lugs removed so they flex more and have more grab going over obstacles. They come pre-mounted so all you need to do is swap em out and be amazed at the difference over the stock tyres. 

They're pretty cheap at about £17 for a pair but if you can track down a couple of pairs of fastrax kongs they're exactly the same tyre but slightly cheaper. (I only found that out after I'd bought them.)

Thanks for the replies. Just ordered a set of RC4WD Mickey Thompson 1.55 Baja MTZ Scale Tires. OD on these is around 85mm which I think is a reasonalby upgrade in size compared to the stock 78mm tires. Really want to keep the scale look as much as possible

What are you using for wheels? Will the 1.55 fit the stock wheels? For 1.9 tires I would go with RC4WD Rock Creepers or Mudslingers. They have a small diameter that fits a CC01 reasonably well.

I will be using the stock wheels. Hopefully it should not be any problems stretching the 1,55 tires onto these. I will keep you updated :)

I wish you luck. I have some 1.55 mickey Thompson tyres and there’s no way they would stretch that far. Also it would alter there ratio rather a lot and reduce sidewall strength.

If it not work you can also have a look at the MST KM tires. 90 mm outer diameter, direct fit on 1.9 wheels and pretty capable off road, in my opinion. Part number is 831005 for medium and 831006 for the soft ones.

IMG_20200430_180552_compress31.thumb.jpg.7ef00ca065b84da32a7671eeb7246224.jpg

Edited by Aerobert
Compressed picture

On 4/28/2020 at 12:36 PM, Busdriver said:

I wish you luck. I have some 1.55 mickey Thompson tyres and there’s no way they would stretch that far. Also it would alter there ratio rather a lot and reduce sidewall strength.

Well to fit the 1,55 tires was a piece of cake so how you could not do this is a mystery to me :)

14 hours ago, Aerobert said:

If it not work you can also have a look at the MST KM tires. 90 mm outer diameter, direct fit on 1.9 wheels and pretty capable off road, in my opinion. Part number is 831005 for medium and 831006 for the soft ones.

Thanks, might have a look at these aswell since the Mickey Thompson tires was a bit smaller then I thougt. 90mm might just be the sweetspot.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:59 AM, Busdriver said:

Glad it worked, love to see a picture.

See picture 

F92973F9-A60B-48A7-B373-2CC6224B5232.jpeg

They look really good. Have they got the foams in? What are they like in use?

Thanks! Yes, I got the foam in them but they are still almost to soft I think but they do give the truck aswesome grip. I do wish they were slightly larger though. They are around 84mm but 90mm would be the sweetspot I think.

I used them on 1.55 rims on my defender but they just didn’t look right, but as yo really good grip. I’ve now got them on my little pumpkin trail truck on an m chassis and they are spot on, but then it’s 1/12 rather than 1/10