Clutch88

Sand Scorcher rebuild (updated, with pics)

3 hours ago, ploots said:

Looks good How did you do the coilovers it's something I want to do on mine

They are quite simple, its a brass collar at the top and a washer at the bottom. The collar can be moved up and down the damper by a grub screw.

15 hours ago, Clutch88 said:

They are quite simple, its a brass collar at the top and a washer at the bottom. The collar can be moved up and down the damper by a grub screw.

Next question where did you get them from 

1 hour ago, ploots said:

Next question where did you get them from 

I contacted a forum member who had some he was willing to sell. Not sure if anyone makes something that's similar.

Found the shell. Needs a good clean, but I am happy with it. Missing the rear lights and door handles, they might be around somewhere. Still going to buy a new shell for when I run it.

IMG_20200618_160451.jpg

IMG_20200618_160437.jpg

• Like 2

big question. Does it have your Dad's blessings? What does he think about you rebuilding his old SS? I have 3 grown sons (and several grand kids), one has a couple of my vintage runners, and all of them are wanting my other vintage cars. I am always thrilled to see them, and my grand kids take interests, and run my old stuff I had when they were toddlers, or not born yet at all. It is totally cool  for me. 

1 hour ago, Tudorp said:

big question. Does it have your Dad's blessings? What does he think about you rebuilding his old SS? I have 3 grown sons (and several grand kids), one has a couple of my vintage runners, and all of them are wanting my other vintage cars. I am always thrilled to see them, and my grand kids take interests, and run my old stuff I had when they were toddlers, or not born yet at all. It is totally cool  for me. 

Yeah, he is glad that I have restored it. Its been a fun project.

In the late 90's I used to race Schumacher Cats and Yokomo's. I would break them, my dad would fix them. I am going to start restoring one of those next.

• Like 1