Juhunio

Can you leave plastic bodies unpainted?

Hey folks

I've got a Monster Beetle build in the works, and have bought a Sand Scorcher body set (51046) for it. I actually really like the slightly off-white colour of the plastic substrate, it suits what I have in mind for the final result and would be happy enough to leave it unpainted. Is that possible? Is there any recommended clear paint or treatment to protect / 'seal' the plastic but keep the substrate colour?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can totally keep it unpainted. I would recommend clearcoating it with something UV-resistant, as else it'll go yellow over time due to exposure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve polished a Blackfoot body with great success as it’s a runner. It would probably work with white to?

Also @Toolmaker72 has just put a Scorcher shell on a Monster Beetle ORV chassis, the mounting holes are in a slightly different position as covered here..

This is my BF with the body just polished with FW1 polish that has UV protection, no clear coat or paint, and decals applied. 
As said though White may yellow over time?

047BE8C7-D3E5-400D-B1AB-9B939CC4B857.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 6:02 PM, Juhunio said:

Hey folks

I've got a Monster Beetle build in the works, and have bought a Sand Scorcher body set (51046) for it. I actually really like the slightly off-white colour of the plastic substrate, it suits what I have in mind for the final result and would be happy enough to leave it unpainted. Is that possible? Is there any recommended clear paint or treatment to protect / 'seal' the plastic but keep the substrate colour?

Thanks in advance!

yes i left my mountain rider unpainted

49491750023_1490f67da7_o.jpg

• Like 1