Finnsllc

Corona Spending

I spent about 400 euro, on a tamiya ta-03rs porsche 2 lipo's for it, piant, jimny body and a wr-02 chassis and some parts to build a complete car out of al the parts I allready have, and some bought servo's for it and an esc.

Told myself not to buy more rc cars this year, but with this corona thing and not going on a vacation I have more money to spent on hobby stuff.

Still need an esc for the ta-03 porsche and some other  parts.

About £40, mainly to get into lipo, dying to buy a new kit, I've just got back into the hobby after my kids discovered my old cars, would love a lunchbox, racing fighter or aqroshot as I've only ever built 2 kits from new, mad bull & wild willy 2 (which I regret selling).

I’ve got some unmade kits I bought in previous years so no new expense there.

although I did buy (& sell) a clod (net loss £100). And have also bought a konghead + parts like bearings, servos etc. So about 3 or 4 hundred expenditure altogether. But wife cautious about the future so on my back not to spend money.

I sold studf on eBay, before the fun started, and had it sat in the PayPal limbo. The plan was to buy a re release Ultima, but didn't want to spend incase I needed the cash.

Anyway, I've built a wee track in the garden, and my 5yr old daughter has been loving it! For the days I've had off (had almost a week ill in bed, but had to have 14 days off ,work guidelines) , she ended up driving a different car every day! 

So I've bought her, her own wheel controller, to see how she gets on, seemingly they are easier for kids, but ended up ordering some bits and bobs for me, just to get it above the £100 for free delivery....(almost £200 later....🙄😁)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Quality, I’ve got 5 teenagers to house, clothe and feed, 1 expensive ex wife and a expensive new wife so there will no Bruiser for me 😂

Not even the Toyato one?

Since we went under quarantine, I've had to replace the dishwasher and clothes dryer, and I'd just replaced the water heater in February. My RC spending has been less than usual, but I'm going to need some low profile servos, receivers, and a few motors soon to finish some stuff. 

I'm going to sell a few vintage cars, too. Too fragile to run.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Butler said:

Not even the Toyato one?

I’ve got on old 3 speed Toyota  in the wardrobe, so I’m not too hard done by 😉

Anyway I’ve behind the shed and banged two bricks together so there will be no more babies 😂

• Haha 2

I've "only" spent around $500 USD so far and that includes a purchase from Tamico that won't ship until some restrictions are lifted.  Does not include a $120 backordered order that hasn't charged yet.  To be honest, if Tower wasn't out of **** near every kit, I probably would be pushing $1,000 USD so maybe it's a blessing (nah not really!).  The expensive kits are still available but I'm not big on them, although I may splurge on a Super Astute especially with the current Tower coupons.  But if Tower had a full stock of kits, I'd be in big trouble I think, likely ending up with 3-4 more kits and accessories.  

Only $150 USD so far for a ReRe Manta Ray, full bearings, and 2 extra pinion from a seller based in Hong Kong... but expecting to spend another $300 more plus extra for bits and pieces come late May to July... order pending for the Konghead and Amarok CC01 from a Tamiya distributor... for the price I'm getting the kits, I think it is worth extending my patience until then... I'll probably start buying the bearings and other small parts for the future build... Goal is to spend no more than $500 USD.. 

Servos and controller coming Thursday. Receivers came yesterday. Cars are 90% done that I’ve done since this all began. But. Of course now I’ve gone and bought lipos , charger and connectors. And let’s not forget the blue brat that’s in its way as well as a DN01 kit  I bought from a. Member in the U.K. over the weekend. Hmm. This is getting interesting. 

All I've spent on hobby stuff so far is $30 for a vintage Hubley model kit. One of my favorite local toy/collectible/junk shops posted on Facebook that they were keeping all their employees on the payroll and ramping up their eBay selling, so I wanted to buy a kit from them to show my support.

And it's a beauty:

20200409_145731

20200409_145827

Made in the 1960s, nearly all die-cast metal parts, supposed to be a real challenge to build correctly. It's going in the stash/collection "to be built someday."

If I spend anything more on hobby stuff during this time, it will be paint and glue and supplies like that. No need or want for a new RC kit now, or for quite a while, actually.

• Like 3

Add a 2nd nova fox to my tab. Tamico only has 7 left and when they’re gone, they’re gone. Who knows when will be able to get this kit again at a reasonable price so I’ve jumped on it 

• Like 1

Around £150 that I’ve spent during lockdown on RC. Just looking at a £60 battery to add too :rolleyes: the 1:1 car gets less spent on it.

1 minute ago, J@mes said:

Around £150 that I’ve spent during lockdown on RC. Just looking at a £60 battery to add too :rolleyes: the 1:1 car gets less spent on it.

I’ve just treated my battered old run around to new wiper blades and brake fluid and I might even give it a wash this weekend myself.

But I haven’t even spent the usual £20 a month on diesel for it, or £200 a month on rail travel or the £120 a month on diesel for our family hack.

I did blow £300 yesterday of a PS4 Virtual Reality headset, camera and games for the kids though 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I’ve just treated my battered old run around to new wiper blades and brake fluid and I might even give it a wash this weekend myself.

But I haven’t even spent the usual £20 a month on diesel for it, or £200 a month on rail travel or the £120 a month on diesel for our family hack.

I did blow £300 yesterday of a PS4 Virtual Reality headset, camera and games for the kids though 😉

Keeping the juniors occupied is money well spent. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Keeping the juniors occupied is money well spent. 

And the seniors 😉

• Haha 1

I spent another 250 euro on spare parts and parts to fix my cars and some upgrade parts, so I spent 650 euro in total.

So for the next months I am done spending, before my wife kills me :ph34r:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

I spent another 250 euro on spare part and part to fix my cars and some upgrade parts, so I spent 650 euro in total.

So for the next months I am done spending, before my wife kills me :ph34r:

I know that feeling mate :)

JJ

I’d been back n forth toying with buying a new toy but tried to be sensible.  Lucky I did as my dog cost me £700 on an emergency Op on Monday!  

I did sell a watch to cover it and had a bit extra left.  Last night I thought what the badword and stuck a Schumacher cat XLS in my basket on modelsport...

”due to Coronavirus there is a 7 working day delay in processing orders”

Removes from cart...

On 4/20/2020 at 10:53 AM, Nobbi1977 said:

I am using Myhermes. They collect from the house for 60p extra.

I know they don’t have the best reputation but I have always found them to be ok

Andi

The many different Hermes couriers that have delivered to my door have had all types of stupidity the last one to deliver didn't bother to even walk down the 3 steps just chucked it at the door the prescription glasses inside the box took the brunt:angry: how did I know she did it?.......because she was in full view of the doorbell camera! What a idiot!.

Anyway I've bought 2 kits (around £400) which I really wanted to buy from my local hobby shop to support the local high street but I contacted him and he's not doing mail order which is a missed golden opportunity IMO looking at how things are selling out everywhere? 

1 hour ago, moffman said:

The many different Hermes couriers that have delivered to my door have had all types of stupidity the last one to deliver didn't bother to even walk down the 3 steps just chucked it at the door the prescription glasses inside the box took the brunt:angry: how did I know she did it?.......because she was in full view of the doorbell camera! What a idiot!.

Anyway I've bought 2 kits (around £400) which I really wanted to buy from my local hobby shop to support the local high street but I contacted him and he's not doing mail order which is a missed golden opportunity IMO looking at how things are selling out everywhere? 

Business that adapt will survive. Those that don’t might not make it unfortunately.

Very sad times

Not much yet, around €60 in DT-03 upgrades, €50 for a used DT-03.

Will change when I start ordering Clod Buster + parts :lol: