Blista

Tamiya TC-01 chassis teased.

It’s quite a nice looking thing, but I wouldn’t have anywhere to run one around here. 
On the bright side at least it’s not on a TT01/2 chassis 👍🏻

• Like 1

I managed to dissuade myself out of a F103GT as I would not have anywhere to run it. I will, no doubt, have the same argument with myself over this one. I also think that the JDM market is the primary market for Tamiya, like with the Comical range. However, they do take calculated risks - look at the popularity of the Comical buggies on here!

I know people thought the F201 was 'interesting' and they are becoming quite sought after now. I missed out on one last year (on an auction site, never arrived from Spain).

I am tempted - my local lockdown walks have enabled me to find places to run cars I had never thought of before (I MUST get my trail truck finished and M-rally car sorted!). My son likes F1 but this FE car will grasp his imagination / attention far more, I think. As if I need an excuse...

52 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Interesting matte finish to the plastic suspension arms.

Fiber reinforced plastic usually have this sort of finish. 

Pictures also show dog-bone drive shafts and black coated pivot balls - so this thing should be similar in terms of cost and performance to non-pro TA/TB series

Do you think thats a hard body or a very complicated multi part lexan body

Actually it looks like lots and lots of very fiddly lexan pieces.

It would look much nicer with a bubble canopy like that redbull gran turismo thing

Courtesy of @Mokei Kagaku on FB

Should be a nice easy build for those of us with fat fingers :lol:

Are they friction shocks or just really long ball ends?

93941921_542408673317802_671617572094450

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

Are they friction shocks or just really long ball ends?

Tamiyablog is now reporting oil-filled dampers, so I'd guess really long ball ends like on the rear of the F201.

This chassis is definitely on my buy list!

A unique mid-mid motor layout. The gearbox books similar to the TB-05/TB EVO 7. I like the double wishbone suspension for the upper arms too. I can foresee a carbon fiber upgrade to that as well as lower and side chassis brace. I also like theat wiring can be short and hidden without the need of over lapping them over the center of the chassis like the TA-06 and others does. Looks very interesting that my mind is summing up some upgrade parts for it already. Hahaha!

• Like 1

Looks like the IFS/IRS rocker arms are set at the right angle, unlike the TA06.

The upper suspension arms are prime for upgrade to a dual turnbuckle setup to set caster and camber.

It looks like the rear has links for reactive rear steering and setting rear toe precisely.

The picture calls out a LF2200 6.6V LiFe battery, but the tray looks universal.

The text calls out the M07 and TB05, so maybe that's the design lineage?

There's a shadow outline of a touring body, so it likely is 257 mm wheelbase and 190 mm width.

To me the open questions include how much room for an ESC and how the rear prop shaft clears the battery.

Looks prime for a lot of low sports car shells, not just Formula E.

• Like 4

Looks like it needs to have a low-profile servo too.

I'm liking it. Like a drive-able F103GT :lol:

Perhaps it's narrow enough for Formula 1 body's as well?

The question is buy it now and deal with an extra $500 bill for all the blue bling or wait for the PRO/R version and spend a fraction less on all the blue bling ... decisions ... decisions ...

Also, curious to see how adjustable are the top wishbones for tunability

I actually like the look of it. B)

Seems to appear more robust than the typical F1 style with the integrated front spoiler and enclosed wheels.

Will make for more forgiving racing, and has the potential for a new control/novice class.

Whether or not it becomes a short lived fad remains to be seen.

Falcon#5 ..could be a short lived fad like the F201.  Nevertheless, this looks fantastic; imagine a full grid of these with realistic sounding electric motors!  Sign me up!   Not sure if anyone mentioned this but it looks like you can fit a TC body on this chassis too

Well, guess Tamiya is going to some more of my money. It's every bit as cool as the F201 was.

• Like 1

It certainly looks like a member of the same stable as the latest TA, TB and M-chassis cars, with the exoskeleton-esque supports along the chassis sides. Probably designed by the same team, which bodes well for its performance.

I wonder what other shells we'll see on it? I doubt it will only be used for Gen II Formula E cars. Maybe some present day Indycars? Maybe the Gen III Formula E?

An adjustable wheelbase to suit a re release of all the Group C bodies starting with the 787b.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

An adjustable wheelbase to suit a re release of all the Group C bodies starting with the 787b.

God yes. A 787B! 

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for it to be released, and whether the pandemic will have an adverse effect on the lead time?

• Like 1

Those underbody shots are great, this has lots of potential for sure, would love to see GroupC releases as mentioned. Will be very interested to see what eventuates with this

4 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

God yes. A 787B! 

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for it to be released, and whether the pandemic will have an adverse effect on the lead time?

Not sure if group c bodies would work! Wheelbase's are 260,270 and 280mm

Jaguar XJR12 280mm Daytona Thunder 260mm can't remember what the others were 

22 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

The text calls out the M07 and TB05, so maybe that's the design lineage?

I tried translation with google, it says TB05 diffs and M-07 suspension mounts. Which answers this:

22 hours ago, TenzoR said:

Also, curious to see how adjustable are the top wishbones for tunability

Geometry (camber/caster) will be adjusted by shims under lower suspension mounts.

I like the looks of the chassis with the lay down suspension.  I am not into all the formula racing and such, so the first thing I would do is sell the body and get a body I actually enjoy looking at.  Depending on how much it costs,  they have my attention.  Oh,  and if square lipos will fit.