Blista

Tamiya TC-01 chassis teased.

Lots of pics and vids on. Tamiyablog.com. Think it looks really cool, especially as it fits touring shells. I wonder if it'll rally with a little extra travel... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TWINSET said:

From @Mokei Kagaku FB

tc01.jpg

And my favourite bit; 

"Can use this chassis in Japan for TS050 Lemans class"

BOOM!

Le Mans bodies that dont have to be run on a chassis that only works on a diamond ground and polished tarmac surface.

• Like 1

Would it be a bit previous to start shopping for a low-profile servo now?! :lol: In fact I think I have a spare one which I've already ear-marked as soon as I can get my grubby mits on one.

Access for the ESC and receiver looks....tight? It's buried beneath the steering link and front dampers. Eek.

Can anyone tell by looking at the shocks whether these are mini or super-mini CVAs??

Looks posibly super mini with the body approx same length as the cap

Definitely something for us who love the F104 and F103 chassis.

would like to have one in my collection as the F201 was not so interestng due to limited pinion sizes.

I want one only if you can give it a little bit more rideheight, with that rideheight I can not use it, only rough tarmac on parkings where I live

I also replied this in RCtech.

At Y30,800 for an almost all-plastic kit, I'd rather get a TA-07RR or something else if it was me. Tamiya will be milking consumers again by offering an "upgraded" version of the TC-01 with just a few parts in it and raise the cost unjustifiably. Offering versions like a Pro, Pro 2, R, or whatever they want to call it then finally coming out with an MS or TRF version which should be offered right away in the first place. 

I think I count 42 ball/socket joints in this model...  I wonder how they are addressing any looseness in all those joints...?

Be nice if the wheelbase was adjustable! 

Doesn't look it though 😕

Wish the battery was longitudinal.... 

This is crying out for a 3d printed buggy conversion. Predator alike.... 

• Like 1

I have to say.. I am impressed.  I love the look of this chassis.  Wheelbase is 257, so I could see this being used as a TC chassis as well.  Also for the speed demons, this would be a great chassis for those chasing crazy top speed with RC cars.  

Argh... no "good" place to run on-road cars, no real reason to get this, and yet... I want it. Just for the mechanical-ness of it.

Curse you, Tamiya... how am I going to justify both this AND the Kyosho Fantom? 'Cause obviously, I can't choose between them...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Raman36 said:

I have to say.. I am impressed.  I love the look of this chassis.  Wheelbase is 257, so I could see this being used as a TC chassis as well.  Also for the speed demons, this would be a great chassis for those chasing crazy top speed with RC cars.  

Now that the 1996 911 GT1 has been re-released, I reckon the 1998 911 GT1 body might eventually be re-released on the TC-01 chassis, though probably also with stickers for the roadgoing version. The 1998 GT1 is for 260mm wheelbase and 200mm'ish width, but mismatch between chassis and body wheelbase hasn't stopped Tamiya before.

• Like 1

RCMart has pre-orders up.  Only problem is shipping lol.. I think its only DHL right now

$250USD (without shipping) when a TB05 is $186USD?  That'll be a pass from me.

I started gathering bits (like a low-profile servo & ESC) but I think the high price and bodyshell I'm really not keen on means I won't be pre-ordering. 

I hope they follow it up quickly with a different body version, or I'll eat my words and end up with one of these and try to do a different livery!

I've been working hard and just got paid so... Woot! I've just pre-ordered mine from Fusion!

erm...

Just got a bit of a weird feeling...

I hope I haven't made a mistake going for this one right out of the gate... But it looks so pretty! ^_^

• Like 3