Sign in to follow this  
Brat73

Wheels for a Subaru brat

Guys any tips on how to restore wheels to their original white, mine have faded to yellow over time..

thank you in advance

Buy some hydrogen peroxyde 12%, the stuff to make your hair blond. Put that on your rims, put them in an open box and cover the box with transparent film. After a few hours in the sun, they will progressively go back to white.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brat73 said:

Guys any tips on how to restore wheels to their original white, mine have faded to yellow over time..

thank you in advance

I actually like the faded yellow look, it gives an aged patina. If you want bright white wheels, just buy a set from the re release Brat and you will get the new look.

J

• Like 1

Or put them in a small fish bowl or glass jar that fits all four wheels at the bottom.  Then cover with water and add the Hydrogen Peroxide so it's diluted but the wheels are submerged.  Place in the sun with a glass lid on if you can.  A few hours in clear sunlight should do it.

Are Brat wheels nylon ?

3 hours ago, junkmunki said:

I actually like the faded yellow look, it gives an aged patina. If you want bright white wheels, just buy a set from the re release Brat and you will get the new look.

J

I agree. You should keep, and embrace the patina. You only get that from time. Buy a new set for the new look, keep the patina on the vintage.. Just my 2 cents worth. 

• Like 1