rwordenjr

What is a “Runner” to YOU ?

For me an RC car is a runner. If I want something to sit on the shelf I will get a static model. Some cars get run more often than others, but all are driven from time to time.

1 hour ago, Problemchild said:

i guess runner and basher are the same for me - poor neo scorcher 

JJ

To me, "runner" is an umbrella term covering bashers which are driven informally, and racers that are driven competitively.

• Like 1

I'd love to have all my cars as runners even my avante and turbo optima but they are just so beautiful in design and quality that it would break my heart if they got damaged in any way!, I've not done any bashing over my local park or anywhere for well over a year now! I'm just finding the building far more interesting! Although my schumacher topcat is the go to buggy when I do have a run simply because it is simple but very well balanced car considering how old the design is!

20190105_135342.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, moffman said:

I'd love to have all my cars as runners even my avante and turbo optima but they are just so beautiful in design and quality that it would break my heart if they got damaged in any way!, I've not done any bashing over my local park or anywhere for well over a year now! I'm just finding the building far more interesting! Although my schumacher topcat is the go to buggy when I do have a run simply because it is simple but very well balanced car considering how old the design is!

20190105_135342.jpg

I’ve been looking at one of those.. very nice car you’ve got. It seems too fragile though for a track runner 😭. I’ve got too many of those already (stadium thunder, super levant, nova fox) but it sure is pretty !

3 hours ago, Problemchild said:

2wyiXib.jpg

i guess runner and basher are the same for me - poor neo scorcher 

JJ

Oh no! Was that today ? How much $ the damage going to set you back ?

Nah few weeks back 

I have a “spare” TT02b so robbed parts from there 

did decide to get new suspension though 

JJ

All of my cars are runners....though a few need setting up cause over the years they've had the electronics taken out of them.

Several of my cars were vintage cars that were unused and had been gathering dust in a shed or wherever. I figured that it was much better to restore and fix (sometimes light mod) to get them running again, so they could be used what they were meant for, breakages be damned!

• Like 1

In my head all my cars will be runners 1 day. I seem to always have 2 or 3 running another 2 or 3 waiting to have repairs done from damage done when running them and a couple projects that I look at and think 1 day I'll get done.

All my cars are Ebay buys for around £60 then I probably spend about the same again getting them running usually sat at the dining table.

I see some of the work spaces people have on here and think I wish that I had that kind of space to work on the cars I might get more done on the ones I have