ralphee

Kyosho Fantom 4wd

I've never give a pan car much attention? Probably because I can't think of anywhere local I could run one? But interesting nevertheless??

It's a 1/12 4wd Pancar. Pretty exciting as I really would love a good fun pan chassis, have the perfect little area for one.

• Thanks 1

Interesting choice... wonder if it will be a straight-up reissue or a modern chassis reviving the name? A true re-re with chain drive and everything would be really cool.

Never had one, but I did have a Kawada Wolf (also 1/12 4WD chain drive) and that was really interesting to mess around with...

Bloomin 1:12 again :angry: :angry:

Why cant they start making these awesome group c bodies in 1:10

• Like 1

I am not familiar with those cars, but does the chain touch the upper deck and the battery? Anyway, I am interested in this car. I only have buggies. This would be my first onroad car. Did they also make a new brushless lemans motor? 21.5t.

IMG_20200427_192114.png

That is one of the most incredible pieces of RC i've ever seen.  Shame it will likely be north of 250

Oh, that's just lovely... can I get one without the body? All I want to do is stare at that chassis...

As far as the chain rubbing on things, I am a little surprised there isn't a lower chain guide under the battery. The bottom side of the chain is what will be in tension. But the chain is pretty smooth, so maybe it just doesn't generate enough wear for it to be a problem? I don't recall any issues with my Kawada.

• Haha 1

The chain is smooth, but not that smooth.  If it's anything like the Rocky, you'll want to put some tape or something on the battery to stop it from wearing through.  I have to do this on my NiMH batteries or it would wear through the shrinkwrap and short out.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I really don't get this one.
 I mean I know old RC cars are pretty niche to start with, but honestly, how many units did this sell BITD ?
 I raced 12th scale when it came out, and no one I ever raced against had one.
 Sure, it's a pretty thing,  but (and I don't mind being proven wrong) I just cannot see this selling much at all.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/kyosho-fantom-ep-1-12-4wd-kit-legendary-series/rc-car-products/1330489

I was surprised on the price, looks like you can get them for £220. I can nearly buy an optima for that. 

However that is about £100 more than it would be worth for me. By the time you've picked up a motor etc you'll have a painfully expensive novelty. 

I have no interest at all in this type of car, and I have nowhere to drive it, but hey it is Kyosho and it looks crazy good, so I will definately buy one, and even more certain one of the blue/green Le Mans motors.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Klausen said:

I have no interest at all in this type of car, and I have nowhere to drive it, but hey it is Kyosho and it looks crazy good, so I will definately buy one, and even more certain one of the blue/green Le Mans motors.

Same here, it's a thing of beauty! I'm currently (as in tonight) building a Toyota Tom's RM01 that I'll probably never run in anger, but it looks ace. I run off road, but there's no denying some of the on road stuff trumps them for looks.

• Like 1

https://rc.kyosho.com/en/30635.html

I just had a look at the kyosho homepage. Now I really want this one! There's also a cool video..

I am really looking forward to this new re release!

IMG_20200511_182932.png

• Like 1

sexy car but i agree with price point being an issue as kyosho needs another 125 in electronics after u buy it. And def a specific buyer, What would i do with it.....run it up and down my street. Nah

searchn' last night for something entirely different and this zoned in at RCMart, researching just now and here at TC this thread pops up.

Already Pre-Ordered, I dig the chain, seen this on an old buggy but don't know what make it was, i have a four wheel drive Ninco 1/32 slot and its 4WD with a long O ring.

this will be different just the way i like.

I'm  still looking foward for a Tamiya 1/12.

45 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

searchn' last night for something entirely different and this zoned in at RCMart, researching just now and here at TC this thread pops up.

Already Pre-Ordered, I dig the chain, seen this on an old buggy but don't know what make it was, i have a four wheel drive Ninco 1/32 slot and its 4WD with a long O ring.

this will be different just the way i like.

I'm  still looking foward for a Tamiya 1/12.

I think I still have an RS 200 slot car with 4wd and a rubber band :-)

maybe the old buggy was a Kyosho Optima ??

• Like 1