Moonraker1

Help to ID this Electric Motor

As in title I am trying to identify this tiny electric motor. It appears to have an air or water cooling device attached to it so could it be for an aircraft? It was found with a lot of other vintage RC spares. Any advice appreciated.

IMG_6063.thumb.JPG.a1d6a151ddb690b80aab488e7e0d6331.JPGIMG_6064.thumb.JPG.2caca9d076c2be90e247c614da2aafde.JPGIMG_6065.thumb.JPG.4a978be4342ea478ff4f8619e80d5bfc.JPG

• Like 1

If that copper coin is the same size as a US penny, and the can's diameter is about the same, it's a 370 motor. (not 380)  

As you guessed, that's a water cooling jacket.  Probably from a boat.  

Here is a photo of a 370 motor next to a 540. 

KRq4LFm.jpg

• Like 1

I found that a Two Pence coil is much larger than a US Penny. 

If your motor is similar to two pence, that's a 380 motor.   

Oh OK thanks for the clarification. I was a little confused when you mentioned a US penny and I saw that you are located in Cheltenham!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonraker1 said:

Oh OK thanks for the clarification. I was a little confused when you mentioned a US penny and I saw that you are located in Cheltenham!

lol, yep, I live in Cheltenham. Township pride and all.  It's an American Chentenham, population 37,000.  (I hear New Zealand has a Cheltenham too)   Incidentally, Cheltenham township has "Old York" road too.  I hear there is a huge city called "New York" not too far from here.  Another borrowed name from England.     

When William Penn established Pennsylvania, some of the settlers were from Cheltenham, I suppose.  Some call it "Sheltenham," like "Cherbourg."  It didn't originate from France, it's from England!  

NUGKOeT.jpg

• Haha 1

@Juggular I live in Westbury Wiltshire a small town population 16,000 on the edge of Salisbury Plain overlooked by the White Horse below. It was carved in the chalk escarpment as a memorial of Alfred the Great's decisive victory over the Danes at Ethandune (Edington) A.D. 878. The length of the Horse is 170 feet.

2020-04-25_10-57-04_795.thumb.jpg.e40891945b928fd2c6aa39c002e29631.jpg

On 4/24/2020 at 10:13 PM, Juggular said:

I found that a Two Pence coil is much larger than a US Penny. 

You mean a tuppance?

• Haha 1

Showing my age now but I was around when pounds, shillings and pence was the currency and everyone referred to two old pennies as "tuppence".

s-l400.jpg.8510aec6019f545111d8c226c44af1fa.jpg

• Like 1