Jeyk01

New member!

Hello everyone! I’ve decided to get back into collecting vintage Tamiya (plus other vintage brands like Kyosho, Marui, amount others) recently, and am excited to see what other collectors are doing as well.

When I was a teenager in the 1980’s,  I was knee deep in the R/C world. For lack of a better term, I’m hoping to revisit my childhood. I plan to have shelf queen box art beauties, as well as runners, and hope to find rare vintage aftermarket parts too.

Currently, I’m semi-restoring my clay oval Yokomo YZ-10 I used to race back in the day, and I’ve finished my Kyosho NSR500. I’ve almost completed a Superchamp as well. Just need a few small details. Ok I’ve babbled enough. 

1E0CB812-F980-471F-8AFB-8E9AADD67D6B.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jeyk01 said:

get back into collecting vintage Tamiya

That's what I thought I'd do too. 

Then Konghead, Dancing Rider, M05, M06, and M07 happened.  I figure in 30 years, they'll be vintage too.  

Welcome to the club!  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

That SuperChamp looks sweet -and complete, at least to my eye. What's missing?

It’s silly really but it’s the large nylon bands/straps for the receiver (long) and battery pack (short). I need an old Futaba receiver battery pack as well. Plus the rear damper tube rubber hose I remember was black back in the day. I know it’s petty but I want this one to be as accurate as possible. 😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juggular said:

That's what I thought I'd do too. 

Then Konghead, Dancing Rider, M05, M06, and M07 happened.  I figure in 30 years, they'll be vintage too.  

Welcome to the club!  

Thanks! Yeah that dancing rider is pretty sweet. I’ll probably get one of those as well. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

Hello and welcome 

how many models did you drag with you from your childhood?

JJ

Hi! A lot of stuff was sold off over the years, with the exception of a bunch of SRB parts and lots of random rc parts and hardware from mostly Tamiya kits from the eighties I have currently. I did however store several boxes of vintage parts and incomplete kits at my Dads house years ago, and unless he threw them away, I’m hoping to pick those up soon. The only complete cars I still have from my childhood right now is my Yokomo YZ-10 clay oval racer and my Kyosho NSR500 which I recently restored. From my box of SRB stuff so far I’ve been able to build nearly two complete Superchamps and one Rough Rider/Sand Scorcher. I also have the body mounts and rollbar for the Ford F-150, so I’m hoping to find a Ranger body for that. On top of that I’ve been activity buying a bunch of vintage cars to restore on EBay. I have a Tamiya Fox that’s near completion, and a Yokomo YZ834-B that needs a few things. Yeah, I’ve been busy. 😂

08AB6ADC-E10F-4EA5-92D6-38A30E9EF3E2.jpeg

• Like 3

awesome - my parents shifter all my stuff on when I went to uni :(

so im making up for it now I’m in my 40s ha

JJ

1 hour ago, mongoose1983 said:

The bike and the tire rack behind it are NICE!

Thanks! The tire rack I found on eBay. Just type in 1/10 scale rc tire racks and there’s a bunch to choose from. 

Welcome to TC. The Champ looks great, nice job. I have never had a Kysho bike, but i've always fancied one.

J

40 minutes ago, junkmunki said:

Welcome to TC. The Champ looks great, nice job. I have never had a Kysho bike, but i've always fancied one.

J

Thanks!