Ricky2Shoes

Nitro rebuilds Info/Tips

Hi people 

I have recently bought a non working Tamiya TGS XBG Nitro, currently rebuilding the engine and greasing all parts and hopefully it will be a runner as I can see all parts are here and the servos have been tested and working perfectly.

The body shell will be changed as it is damaged .

IMG_1132.thumb.jpg.14d5a9a165a24a0d964f8dc98c409fc9.jpg

12 hours ago, Ricky2Shoes said:

Hi people 

I have recently bought a non working Tamiya TGS XBG Nitro, currently rebuilding the engine and greasing all parts and hopefully it will be a runner as I can see all parts are here and the servos have been tested and working perfectly.

The body shell will be changed as it is damaged .

IMG_1132.thumb.jpg.14d5a9a165a24a0d964f8dc98c409fc9.jpg

This is how the car was shown on Ebay I purchased it for £45. 

One thing is that I don't know what engine this model is, as I've heard it could either be a FS-12SS or FS-12SW, as you can see it came with controller spare air filter wheel wrench the tyres need replacing as has slight cuts in them, also spare clips for body shell which will be eventually changed.

IMG_0634.jpg

2 hours ago, Ricky2Shoes said:

This is how the car was shown on Ebay I purchased it for £45. 

One thing is that I don't know what engine this model is, as I've heard it could either be a FS-12SS or FS-12SW, as you can see it came with controller spare air filter wheel wrench the tyres need replacing as has slight cuts in them, also spare clips for body shell which will be eventually changed.

IMG_0634.jpg

Its an FS-12SS

• Like 1

Bought some bits from wheelspin.com such as differential oil for front and back diffs, also some after run oil. 

Diffs and shocks, all joints cleaned in soapy water brushed all dirt out it was very mucky, diffs have also been opened up and have been re greased with the diff oils shownIMG_1142.thumb.jpg.7a626cbca5717c4a8affccfa916ccf8a.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like you are making very good progress, getting the chassis all sorted, then check out that engine. Try and find a manual for it if you can, check the engines internals for excessive damage and take your time to learn it. Most of all, have fun

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Looks like you are making very good progress, getting the chassis all sorted, then check out that engine. Try and find a manual for it if you can, check the engines internals for excessive damage and take your time to learn it. Most of all, have fun

I have been using this https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/tgs.pdf pretty helpful. 

https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm

you can find pretty much every Tamiya manual here.:rolleyes:

• Like 1