Sign in to follow this  
bugster_man

TBLE-02s and Hobbywing Xerun 17.5T

Hi,

this is out of curiosity to understand whats going on. No solution needed, just general education for me.

I have in most of my cars the standard brushed Mabuchi motor combined to TBLE-02s. Now I bought myself a Hobbywing Xerun V10 G2 17.5 T. If I do the setup at the TBLE correctly (brushless, high-point, reverse, etc.) and connect the brushless motor, the whole combo gets very hot even if the motor isn't turning at all. So after about 30 seconds, the TBLE cooling fins are hot you can't touch them anymore, teh Tamiya connector to the battery is close to melting and the motor also very, very hot.
Further the motor doens't turn, except for a timing set to ~60 degrees. And if it turns, it gets hotter even more. 
If I go back to brusehed mode with the TBLE and standard motor, they just work fine. So I assume the TBLE isn't broken.
If I connect the Xerun to an el-cheapo GoolRC ESC (non-sensored), the motor just works fine and stays completely cool. So I assume the motor is ok too.
So I assume the individual components work fine, but the TBLE combined with the Xerun simply doesn't work. And now my question is: why is that? I have a hard time to see, what could cause this big heat generation (visible some sort of short cut) but the Xerun is well within the spec of the TBLE.

Again, this is just to understand the effect. The TBLEs will have to go anyway and will be replaced by a Xerun ESC

Ah, I forgot: I have blue = A, yellow = B, orange = C ESC to Motor connection

Thanks guys

Since the motor runs fine with a sensorless ESC, and the ESC runs fine with a brushed motor, this points to either a sensor issue in the motor, or something amiss with your sensor cable. There could also be an issue with the sensor connections within the ESC, but this is less likely as it would probably interfere with general operation.

The aforementioned sensor issue is likely causing the wrong stator coil to be energised, stalling the motor and causing it to draw a great deal of current. It gives the same effect as holding the wheels stationary while trying to run the motor.

Hi,

thanks.

I didn't check / change the sensor cable in-deed. I just used the one, that came with the motor though. The postman just brought another one, I had ordered anyhow, I plugged that in and what should I say: it works. Sometimes life can be easy :-)

T

• Like 1