22 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

i hear rcscrewz not that great and missing or incorrect sizes. i have teamknk for my super clod build.

ah okay, I saw those too.  You didn't have any issues with teamknk?  thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, undertheradar said:

ah okay, I saw those too.  You didn't have any issues with teamknk?  thank you.

No issue with them and seem like good quality. Only built two axles currently but so far so good. Another company I like is RC-Schrauben. As for tools get a mip 2mm driver.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

Oil shocks are a major difference on how it will handle, changes handling big time. Go with all 8 shocks oil filled. Pricey but a must. Mine had adjustable collars which made the springs stronger and could fine tune it. Those were from the 90's and were "Trinity" (not made any more)  Mine had 3 Ni-cad cell packs in it. Two square c-cell packs that went in front/back pockets between the tires and one stick pack in the center like normal, for lights. So it had some weight to it. It was strong (torque/ pulling) and still pretty fast. Truck pulling was big back then. "Monster Jamb" motors of all sizes were every where. 

Going with 2 servo's for steering and a 4 channel stick transmitter you get crazy cool steering. Front/rear wheels can be steered opposite each other and still goes straight. Like "Grave Digger" used to do, maybe still does, back when they were actual trucks with a real body on it. (different now)  I couldn't afford the 4 channel radio back in the day, but saw them around. (very cool)

What does the cross (+) on axle do? Also what is the rubber bead lock ring for? Just for looks or functional?

Just some thoughts. It's a fun truck, enjoy.

The cross on the axle is a 3d printed locker for the rear steering.
It is prepared for 4 wheel steering, only needs a servo and servo horn.

Bead lock rings are plastic and just for looks.

14 hours ago, undertheradar said:

I just ordered the black Super Clod, has anyone bought the RCSCREWZ screw set?  can anyone vouch for them or the company?  I think I'm over the JIS screws.  

I used a set for my Traxxas Rustler, not a fan, multiple screws missing and a lot of unusable screws in the set.
After replacing most of the screws I was left with around 50 screws which did not fit anywhere on the Rustler.

20 hours ago, undertheradar said:

I just ordered the black Super Clod, has anyone bought the RCSCREWZ screw set?  can anyone vouch for them or the company?  I think I'm over the JIS screws.  

16 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

i hear rcscrewz not that great and missing or incorrect sizes. i have teamknk for my super clod build.

I’ve used RC Screwz in the past and was not happy with them, the only ones that seemed like they didn’t want to strip were the ones that used a 2.5mm or larger bit. I’ve stuck with black oxide ever since. When I worked for the LHS, I used Dubro or Traxxas, now that I’m not affiliated with them, I’ve ordered Tony’s and a friend suggested KNK, who I’ll probably go with for my Axial rebuilds this year.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, undertheradar said:

..... I was over the JIS Screws by 1988!!! 😲😜😂

Like others have said, RCSCREWZ is inconsistent, in count and quality. It's more tedious... but my best solution has been "Monsterbolts" on EBay. They're not RC - and don't sell any Screw Kits.

BUT, they're outstanding quality Hex Screws, 2mm thru 10mm - in all lengths! I just go through my Manual and count all the various sized Screws.... 

Then I order from Monsterbolts, each size. They sell as little as 5 each to 100 each! Zinc Steel, Stainless Steel or even some Alumininium. 

Pretty much all Screws, Nuts and Washers for any RC Kit, they've got!!

• Like 1

thanks guys.  I really appreciate it and you guys saved me some money.   I eventually want to go the way of Carmine and just start getting a bunch of screws that I usually use.  

Not related but related, I once ordered a titanium screw set from Yeah Racing and those screws were not good.  A couple didn't even have the recess for the hex head, just a button screw with no hex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, undertheradar said:

thanks guys.  I really appreciate it and you guys saved me some money.   I eventually want to go the way of Carmine and just start getting a bunch of screws that I usually use.  

Not related but related, I once ordered a titanium screw set from Yeah Racing and those screws were not good.  A couple didn't even have the recess for the hex head, just a button screw with no hex.

It's ALWAYS a great idea to have spares around! The thing I like best about Monsterbolts is - it's not Hobby... it's HARDWARE! 😉 

I've never used their Titanium Screws, but I find that odd... Of course it can happen, but in all my years using Yeah Racing Parts, I've never had an issue. It's been all Alumininium upgrades, but still. That shouldn't have happened. 

HOPEFULLY I'll have my second new Clod SOON (first one was in 1987!!). Just waiting for my Inheritance to finalize, and then I'm going SHOPPING!! 😁

• Like 1

Carmine, if you are looking to  ordering a Clod soon....order from Tower Hobbies and google the Tower coupon code.  they have the black super clod for $274, there is a $45 off coupon for items over $260 and free shipping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, undertheradar said:

Carmine, if you are looking to  ordering a Clod soon....order from Tower Hobbies and google the Tower coupon code.  they have the black super clod for $274, there is a $45 off coupon for items over $260 and free shipping.

THANKS!! Hopefully I should see the BIG Bux within 3 weeks. I've already got SO much planned for it. Hobbywing WP880 ESC, two Holmes Hobbies 15T 550 Motors, twin Servo on Axle Kits with 2 25kg Servos, JConcepts Clod Wheels with 5/8" extenders on each, RC4WD Clod Mud Slingers Tires and a set of 115mm Oil Shocks with SOFT Axial Wraith Springs... So the Springs will actually WORK, instead of jolting the Body, since 75% of the Clod's weight is in the Axles!! 

And some shiny Alumininium bits.... In case it's not enough of a Money Pit!! 😜

• Like 1

I haven't had a lot of time for running the Clod due to moving house, but got some spare time again so I took it for a spin.

Still feels great with those GoolRC motors on 2s.

But one thing that bothers me is that the bolts which hold on the front bumper scratch the front of the body, cannot find how to resolve this or what I did wrong.

Now was the paintjob pretty bad, not sure why but I can easily scratch of the current paint, so I will repaint the body, but I want to stop the front from scratching easily.

Also still looking for a custom chassis, but I am in doubt between the SouthWest Monstershop KK3 and UKMonsters Razor V2.1.

Both look fantastic and extend the Clod to 13.5" wheelbase.

Not looking for extreme bashing or racing, just a good looking chassis as the Clod is my go to cruise/show truck on local RC meetups.

For bashing I have other trucks, and the solid axle MT freestyle/racing scene is non existent around here