Jump to content
junkmunki

Average member age.

Recommended Posts

Whilst browsing the forums this morning, i noticed the sidebar that mentioned all the members that had birthdays today.

First off, happy birthday guys, have a good day.

I noticed that all the ages seemed to be very close together, within about 5 years of each other, and that they were all late 40s or early 50s. I am in the late 40s club myself, and i was wondering what the average age of the TC members is.

Are we a group who mostly got into rc in the 80s, or do young people and children still get into rc now?

People into rc who have children, obviously pass it onto them and get them involved, but in this time of computor gaming and mobile phones, do kids still get into the hobby of their own interest?

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d say it’s a Tamiya thing rather than an RC thing regards the age.

I’d imagine kids today are more in to the instant gratification of a pre built Traxxas or something.  Younger people seem more into ‘bashing’ which is new to me after recently discovering it even existed!  Blows my mind seeing people smashing 5/6/7/£800’s worth of RC into walls and ramping them to smash up.

Also, kids today have modern tech to keep them busy.  In our day an RC car was more impressive than early video games.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the info off an RC page I help Admin on Facebook , seemingly most RC are about the same.

 

2019-02-14_10-41-16

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jameswrx said:

I’d say it’s a Tamiya thing rather than an RC thing regards the age.

I’d imagine kids today are more in to the instant gratification of a pre built Traxxas or something.  Younger people seem more into ‘bashing’ which is new to me after recently discovering it even existed!  Blows my mind seeing people smashing 5/6/7/£800’s worth of RC into walls and ramping them to smash up.

Also, kids today have modern tech to keep them busy.  In our day an RC car was more impressive than early video games.

I noticed this also, I am 33 myself and have always liked Tamiya, but around here almost everyone is into "bashing" with Traxxas, Arrma etc, I don't see the fun into that.
Whenever I mention Tamiya on meetings or when visiting the LHS most people call it too expensive, crap or overpriced toys which cannot be used for anything, with no arguments whatsoever.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don’t show those figures to @JennyMo or any of our other lady membersimage.png.ca135da1f808614815b45092add24b95.png

Edited by Busdriver
Missed off word
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this enlightened age of gender equality, the vast discrepancy between male and female participants in the hobby continues to puzzle me. Could It be because most of us are into it as adults because we were into it as children, and things were nowhere near as enlightened back then?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at today’s birthdays 🎂  looks like about average of 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the wrong end of my 40`s here, looking at the big 50 coming on like train. I think the upper age thing is probably more to do with kids/houses/mrs being sorted by this age and having the time and money to regress to childhood. Not that I`ll ever admit to growing up in the first place mind :D

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 I am trying to get my kids into it.  They like to run them but aren't into building them.  My 46 year old brother had a Fox when we were kids, that was my intro.  I got an RC10T2 as my first real RC and for the most part haven't looked back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49. I suppose I fool with r/c because it's the only thing I can do that makes me feel like a kid again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Don’t show those figures to @JennyMo or any of our other lady members

We don't discriminate against anyone, as long as you're an RC nut, you're welcome, but data is data. 

 

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Could It be because most of us are into it as adults because we were into it as children, and things were nowhere near as enlightened back then?

I think so, Midlife , situation anyone? 🙄🤔😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be 41 in a couple weeks, but I feel like I'm 21!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, superted said:

42 but still think i am 21.

Me too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

not saying....

oh ok then. 43 going on 13

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Physically 48, but mentally about 10....:D

When people say its good to be in touch with your inner child, i am my inner child....:P

J

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

In this enlightened age of gender equality, the vast discrepancy between male and female participants in the hobby continues to puzzle me.

Women are generally more mature than men, which is their loss.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...