Sign in to follow this  
stewie_family_guy

Old dog needs new tricks.....

Hi guys was hoping you could help me with a tamiya/radio issue....

Several years ago I made a TA-01 sort of thing out of a manta ray chassis with a Subaru body on it. I stuck in an EZRUN brushless and it was wicked fast..... unfortunately the wheelbase, track and bodyshell made it quick hard to control, and if it clipped a small stone - it went flying....

SO..... i bought a manta ray/top force love child thingy to try and swap the running gear and get more stability and driveability.......

Fast FWD MANY YEARS.....

i dug them out of the attic to try and get it working for my son - who wasn't here previously - shows how many years its been.....

I needed to get some new plugs so i got XT60 plugs and set about soldering them onto the battery, charger and speed controller - wish i never bothered - i should have stuck with tamiya connectors.....

Anyway - all the gubbins is swapped over and the buggy looked like it might run - 1 issue is it really juddery - i think this may be cause my battery is not had a full charge yet - so will wait and see... ANY THOUGHTS....

BUT NOW....

my kid wants the Subaru up and running so I would like, if possible to get a transmitter, speed controller, battery and charger AS CHEAP AS POSS..... ( the car has a motor and steering servo already)

where do i go and what do i buy......???

Anything i own (ACOMS or FUTABA) seems to now be "vintage and cost a fortune....

Any help appreciated

thanks

Where are you located?

As far as not super expensive radios etc Flysky has some nice transmitters for decent prices. ESC i use usually the Xerun ones from hobby wing. Don't cheap out on a battery as it can be more costly than not. Not sure what to recommend there as i use whats avail locally but if you can find new Wave they have been good to me. I use a $130 dollar charger so i won't recommend that one lol, there are some good inexpensive ones out there I am sure someone will be able to give you a good example. 

best of luck!

Ahh im in the states but we have tons of UK folks that will have a better source for your stuff :D

41 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Whats the issue with the connectors you soldered on?

just found it hard cause the battery wire was kinda funny.... had a strange flakey material like property to it... and now the connections are exposed also... seems strange to me