Pinopil

Carson 11.5T and Tamiya TBLE02S not working

Hello everybody, 

I'm kind of a newbie to Tamiya and electric R/C, but 2 months ago I bought an M05 Chassis and upgraded it a bit. A couple of days ago I also bought a TT-02SR Chassis and thought it would be fun to equip it with a brushless motor. I already got a Tamiya Speed controller (TBL02S) with the M-chassis which is compatible with brushed and brushless motor. I bought myself the Carson 11.5T Dragster Pro, which is specially designed for the TBL02S (according the details). I attached all the wires as said in the manual, but it is not working. The LED on the speed controller keeps blinking. When I pull out the sensorcable and try again, it gives a short motorsound, and then imidiately turns off.

I hope anyone has an idea of what could be going on here? I would appreciate the help!

Could be, but I have no clue on how to change it. The SET button isn't responding to anything, so it seems like I can't do anything. The light on the ESC keeps blinking red.

The manual says that a flat battery can give a red flashing light on the ESC as the low voltage cuts in? 
If not it could be the overload protection. 
Check the battery is charged first. 

Battery is fully charged..

Did I do something wrong if the overload protection is working?

6 hours ago, Pinopil said:

Battery is fully charged..

Did I do something wrong if the overload protection is working?

I’m far from being an expert on electronics & hard to say without pictures? 
It was what I’d read in the manual

E7BB22BE-ED66-408B-A28C-10CCB18133A4.jpg

My gut feeling is the motor may be to hot (over spec) for the ESC. I would try another motor if you have one to see if works otherwise it might be a faulty ESC?

One of the quirks of the TBLE-02 is that the red and orange flashes are very hard to tell apart. What you are seeing as a red flash may in fact be an orange flash, in which case your ESC is in brushed mode and needs to be set to brushless mode.

Another of the quirks of this ESC is that the set button is notoriously difficult to poke, A poking stick of some sort helps, as does a steady hand. However once set up correctly, it works well. Keep at it - I'm sure you'll get it right in the end.

Thanks everybody for all the help. but no matter what I tried, it didn't work. So maybe there is a faillure in the ESC or motor. I'm bringing it to a shop and let someone look at it. When I know something, I'll let you guys know! Really appreciate all your help!

• Like 1

So, I promissed to post the solution..

I was really not paying attention. Just had too press the set button before turning on the power instead of after turning on the power to set it too brushless mode… Anyway, it works fine now. And it is fast if you ask me!

Thanks everybody for the help and keep up the good work!

• Like 1