Avante2001R

Egress 2013 Universal joints and ball diffs

Got a question, I’ve got a Avante 2001 - want to replace gear diffs with ball diffs and shafts from the Egress 2013. 

Will the 2013 diffs and universal drive shafts (cvd) fit the 2001? 

Yes, but more cost effective to buy diff set such as 47389 which includes the diff drive cups etc than sourcing parts individually.

• Like 2

Fully correct, These parts are really expensive!! I did buy the 47389 for my 2001, and now you can get universals from Yeah Racing for the Avante, which look really well. I bought 2 for the front of my 2001 runner from RC mart. Much cheaper than sourcing the single spare parts from Egress or Avante:

https://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-carbon-steel-shaft-for-tamiya-avante-tav-015-00086641

So cool, that they made some cheaper ones. O.k., I still have to test them, but quality seems o.k..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DGunn1 said:

Yes, but more cost effective to buy diff set such as 47389 which includes the diff drive cups etc than sourcing parts individually.

Already have two of those diff kits spare. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avante2001R said:

That’s incredible, have you got a project thread? 

Not so far, only my very old one when I got it some years ago! But I plan to continue it to make my tweaks visible. Yo cannot really spot everything from the pics in my showroom. Also I´m testing the slipper clutch now, made a post yesterday in another thread of LongRat´s fantastic Avante build:

He revived my ambition to get my slipper to work, too.

I also have the alloy knuckles coming for the front, together with Rere uprights to save the originals from damages and improve durability. I painted them in my Body color already, to not overstretch the "gold" colors on mine and not let it look too much Rere Egress/Avante 2011.

When I continue my build thread, I´ll let you know!

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Like 1