whahooo

Renault 5 Turbo 2020

Hello,

I think there isn't any Topic on that yet.

It's the M-05RA Chassis.

What do you think about it?

I love that car, but the Tamiya one has a to narrow rear Axle or to narrow backtires.

Thing that doesn’t work for me is the FWD chassis when the car should be RWD.

The rear wheels look really bad as standard but guess you could at least get hex spacers.

• Like 1

I never had a M Chassis, is it possible to install a Rear Wheel Drive?

Out of the box and not including aftermarket conversion kits; You would need to buy an m02, m04, m06 or m08 chassis.

Even numbers - rear wheel drive

Odd numbers - front wheel drive

Ok, maybe it will be my first front wheel driven car, even if the original is rear wheel driven.

Are the Suspensionarms of the CC-01 are athe same Fit as the B-Parts of the TL-01?

Yes, it´s FWD, but the RA Version. So for driving an M-Chassis Rallye race as in the beginnings in Japan (I love Grahoos M03 Rallye Mini), this works really well and has the Oldschool R5 Turbo look. In the first edition even the bonus gold wheels were included, very cool. I have the first kit and really like mine. The rear stance I did improve with wide axles from a TT01, were I broke off the plastic outdrive, used a wide hex and some shims in addition with flatter nuts. To compensate for the decreasing shock to axle Ratio I used M06 Pro hinge Pins to get the lower mounting point closer to the wheels again. With gold M04 front springs all around and CVA´s this thing is really a cool little rallye car, which brings power down quite good for FWD.

For everyone who wants a RWD Renault, just grab you an M08 and the body kit, which will be available again. But increasing rear width with cardans in the rear may be a little more difficult to do...

Wouldn't it be better to use the rear arms from a TL-01, rather than lengthening the axle?

9 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Wouldn't it be better to use the rear arms from a TL-01, rather than lengthening the axle?

Probably easier to do, I have the parts, but never had the time to test it. ;)

4 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

Probably easier to do, I have the parts, but never had the time to test it. ;)

No time like the present. I will check back in tomorrow morning for updates amd pics.

• Like 1

I inspected my Manual of the M-05Ra and stumled upon the Dampers....

Ithought ther will be Oilfilled Shocks, because they look like CVAs, but they are something "new" frictionshocks i`ve never seen befor.

Are the Shocks of the kit usable? (the "tune up parts" do not show CVAs, they show bearings, a dirt tuned Motor, universal shafts and a a high tourque Servosaver.....

Is the Car driveable with the standard Shocks??

Sadly i bought some used CVAs and at home i saw that the lower Caps are missing, so i have 4 super mini or mini CVAs without the lower Caps....

Friction shocks make for a terrible ride. I built mine with CVAs  25wt oil and soft springs. 

For the price of the CVA you could probably pick up a set of yeah racing as well..

What size of shocks did you use?

The CVA Mini or the CVA super mini?

Today i built the Renault with the rear TL01 Arms.

They are toed out a little bit, is this normal??