AshRC

Another Blackfoot restoration thread

Always wanted a Blackfoot when I was young, so was pretty excited when I got my hands on this.

The body looks sound but is covered in multiple coats of paint. Lots of missing or broken parts, obviously no tyres ...

946BBC37-C480-4A9F-A2E9-605CFFCBAF87.jpeg

• Like 1

The body took a lot of work. The top paint came off ok, but the coat underneath was immune to oven cleaner so needed sanding down.

Nice one Ash - box art ? . The wheels look good in silver . The front grille and Ford tailgate could be a headache if you haven't got them :(

I’ve got both. The tailgate is ok but the grill needs work. I’ve got some more photos ... having technical difficulties uploading them though :unsure:

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty much box art. I went for TS-40 metallic black which is gorgeous, more like a really dark grey than black. Silver wheels and silver roll bar too, hopefully to make it look less toy-ish. Was never a fan of coloured wheels ...

I have some MCI decals on the way, with silver instead of white. Looking forward to seeing them ^_^

• Like 1

Grill, tailgate, sunroof and roll cage stripped and repainted. Driver painted and fitted with new windscreen.

spacer.png

• Like 1