CoolHands

Is facebook full of showoffs?

18 minutes ago, OldSchoolRC1 said:

Social media and cell phones are going to be the downfall of society. It's way too easy to be nasty to people with zero repercussion whatsoever. Was supposed to bring us all together, but honestly it just seems to bring out the worst in people, and it's bleeding into real life.  

And for people I do care about, turns out I really don't care what you had for dinner, where you went yesterday, what your kids did, what your pet is doing, or what you are outraged about. I don't need to fill my precious, limited time surfing various bits of inconsequential info about other peoples lives. 

Personally, I stopped posting RC stuff years ago on FB, and stopped posting personal info 2 years ago. No more insta, no more Youtube, etc. Honestly, I'm much happier for it.  I'd much rather be wrenching on my toys, and surfing forums about my toys. :) 

Well said👏🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldSchoolRC1 said:

Social media and cell phones are going to be the downfall of society. It's way too easy to be nasty to people with zero repercussion whatsoever. Was supposed to bring us all together, but honestly it just seems to bring out the worst in people, and it's bleeding into real life.  

And for people I do care about, turns out I really don't care what you had for dinner, where you went yesterday, what your kids did, what your pet is doing, or what you are outraged about. I don't need to fill my precious, limited time surfing various bits of inconsequential info about other peoples lives. 

Personally, I stopped posting RC stuff years ago on FB, and stopped posting personal info 2 years ago. No more insta, no more Youtube, etc. Honestly, I'm much happier for it.  I'd much rather be wrenching on my toys, and surfing forums about my toys. :) 

I gave up on Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook (I only follow my motorcycle groups, where there are no problems with subscribers), Linkedin.
At the moment I only read the Tamiyaclub, I post on my Telegram channel and that's it.
I wrote about my experience on the TL group on Facebook and warned members here about them.

Max

On 9/2/2023 at 1:29 PM, kontemax said:

You say this because you don't know what's behind the Tamiya Legends group.
I was an admin of the group, the only italian admin.The founder of the group had created it and then abandoned it.
I took the abandoned group over, rescued and carried it on my own for over a year.
The group's name was "the first 100 vintage tamiya buggies" or something similar.
The name "Tamiya Legends" is my idea.
Then, after more than a year, the previous British founder signed up, ok, then he asked me to be a moderator, ok, then he asked me to be an administrator, ok, then he let three other administrators join (all British), ok, then with a false accusation of homophobia (for a post I made about the designer of the latest Avante) without asking me anything, without asking for clarification, without contacting me, he banned me from the group preventing me from answering, defending myself or whatever.
My post was about the designer's stupid face, he put homophobia on it. I don't know if he's homosexual or not, what does it matter to me if he's homosexual? Nothing.
What does such an accusation have to do with it? Where have I ever written such a thing?
I don't like the latest Avante, I detest it, I think it is a product of absolute ugliness, daughter of an incompetent, young and presumptuous designer, then I posted a photo of its stupid and idiotic face and I wrote: "Now I understand everything".
And with this they banned the admin who managed the group the longest and gave it the name.
What does homophobia have to do with it?
We in Italy say that "sin is in the eye of the beholder".
Accusing others of homophobia where there are no homophobic comments is full-blown homophobes.
The truth is that I was Italian and they were all British and I was intruding on them, different from them, with different culture, different opinions, different approach and no attitude to serve the old fouder of the group.
This is the truth.
Nothing new on the world.
After I saved the group, I carried it forward and I trusted him, them.
I shouldn't have let him back in but I was good, I was correct, I was respectful and I was wrong.
In last times, also because of my mourning for my father's murder, they had isolated me, they no longer considered me, I was unable to follow the group as I would have liked but you will understand the situation I experienced.
Zero empathy.
Kicked out on a false charge, no right of defense.
I have no nostalgia for that rabble because in the end I know what is behind that group: censorship, accusations of racism everywhere (one of the moderators is black), accusations of homophobia, alignment with political correctness, unrespectability, hypocrisy, impropriety , reverted racism, alcoholism, control freakness, authoritarianism, intolerance towards everything and everyone who doesn't think like them, people banned and kicked out with stupid reasons, visceral hate for the Tamiya Club, visceral hate for Rc Kicks, contempt and derision for other FB groups , the attitude of "masters of the world" and of those who have to teach others how to live, contempt for others.
What you see is only the outside, behind it is ****.
Get out of there, that's a toxic place.

Max

Are we talking about the same group, the one run my Glen, a Brit from the North of England and now living in Canada? 

3 hours ago, Snakehands said:

Are we talking about the same group, the one run my Glen, a Brit from the North of England and now living in Canada? 

Yes.

Max

8 hours ago, kontemax said:

Yes.

Max

That's disgraceful of him. Sounds like he moved to Canada because the UK wasn't woke enough for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Snakehands said:

That's disgraceful of him. Sounds like he moved to Canada because the UK wasn't woke enough for him. 

Thank you, your witty and focused answer makes me feel better because you understand everything perfectly, I feel less alone.
Behind woke and morality there is only evil and hypocrisy.

Max

• Like 2