Sign in to follow this  
slopp

Spraying TS-13 clear over decals

hi all, 

just wondering what kind of precautions and things i need to be aware of when spraying clear coat over decals?  Does anyone have any experience using TS-13, is it reasonably safe over decals?

i've built a tamiya 1/20 model kit - which has been finished in ts-29 gloss red. I'm about to place the decals with setting and softening solution, give it 24 hours, and then apply clear coat over. 

I’ve done it on quite a few RC bodies with vinyl type decals/stickers without issue. A mate of mine has clear coated over static F1 models also. I believe the same method will be fine. Very gentle light dusting coats first to seal over the decal, and gradually build up the layers, followed by a “wet” coat to finish. I would perhaps attempt a practise run on a model or surface that won’t matter if it goes pear shaped

I don't think I've tried it but, PS-55 flat clear may make for a better primer first in order for the TS -13 clear to adhere.

5 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

I don't think I've tried it but, PS-55 flat clear may make for a better primer first in order for the TS -13 clear to adhere.

I wouldn’t use PS over a hard body personally, there is a TS flat clear though

32 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

I wouldn’t use PS over a hard body personally, there is a TS flat clear though

Your right, I read that wrong. I was thinking with regards to lexan.

• Like 1