Sign in to follow this  
3Jean

Traxxas lipo battery & Tamiya

Good morning all,

First post! I just picked up a TT-01 E chassis kit with the HKS Skyline body. I plan on using the ESC and motor that came with it for now. My only other 1/10 car is a Traxxas Rustler and I have a Traxxas NiMH  & lipo battery for it. Is it possible to use these batteries with the Tamiya ESC? What kind of adapter would I need? Not able to change connectors at the moment, but possibly in the future. My only other option appears to be a Venom lipo, does anyone know if I can use a Traxxas EZ-Peak charger on Venom batteries? Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

John

1 hour ago, 3Jean said:

Traxxas NiMH  & lipo battery for it. Is it possible to use these batteries with the Tamiya ESC?

Yes, Tamiya ESC can run them as long as your lipo battery is not a 3 cell 11.1V.  You can buy TRX to TAM adaptor or make one if you don't want to touch the connector on Tamiya ESC.

1 hour ago, 3Jean said:

My only other option appears to be a Venom lipo, does anyone know if I can use a Traxxas EZ-Peak charger on Venom batteries?

If your EZ Peak says it's LiPO safe, then you can use it.  I recall EZ Peak Plus was the model that can charge LiPO besides NiMH.

Hi David, thanks for your response! Looks like neither one of my Traxxas batteries actually fit in the TT chassis, so I guess I'll grab a Venom  battery.