Hi

anybody know any alternative tamiya tyre options for the subaru Brat?

cheers

Not sure of them all, but quite a few I think. If you like the sand tires on the Sand Scorcher, those wheels and tires fit. I actually have Brat wheels and tires on my Sand Scorcher. I've seen a lot of different tires and wheels that interchange with that design. 

Thanks mate

i was looking for a sand scorcher style tyre

Will they fit on brat wheels?

I believe so. I do believe they are the same diameter wheel. I can measure both my wheel sets to be sure though. I will do that today. I just swapped wheels and tires together, but do think the tires are the same diameter between the two. I'll post later after I measure them. 

Ok, correction. The Brat wheels are a few mm larger in diameter than the Sand Scorcher wheels. You might be able to stretch the Sand Scorcher tires onto the Brat wheels, but that would be a trial & error thing. The Sand Scorcher wheels are 39mm in diameter, and the Brat wheels are 44mm in diameter. In the picture is my Sand Scorcher with the Brat wheels and tires. The white wheels are the original wheels for my Sand Scorcher. You can change them out with no issues if you replace both the wheels and tires as a set, because they bolt on perfectly. But again, it might be a chore, but the Sand Scorcher tires might stretch enough to go on the larger Brat wheels if you want to try that. The front wheels on the Sand Scorcher are narrower than the front Brat wheels, so there is also that if you were planning to put a narrow front tire on your Brat. The wheels between the two “look” similar, but are a little different as you can see in the pictures. I got a brand new set of the Brat wheel and tires for around $30 on ebay (for all 4 wheels and tires both). You might be able to get a whole wheel/tire set up, or at least the rear set for the Sand Scorcher with the sand paddle tires pretty cheap as they are available new as a re-re. But again, the fronts use the same bearings and the rear uses the same drive hub, as does several of the Tamiya models, so you have a lot of options I think.

20200510_075917.jpg

20200510_080130.jpg

The Brat wheel (and Rough Rider) are 1.75”, while the Frog wheel (SRB) is 1.5”.  

I have never seen after market tires for the 1.75 wheels, though I don’t doubt someone likely made some.  

There are many tires options for the 1.5 size including Duratrax, Proline, Troll, etc. Most are ”vintage” but should be available with some searching (or eBay).

The 1.5 wheels are a direct fit and can replace the 1.75 wheels easily.  So while you may not be able to find 1.75 off road spikes, you could put a standard Frog wheel/tire on for off road driving. 

I switch between Frog rears and Brat rears on my sons Grasshopper depending on where we are driving. 

Terry

On 5/11/2020 at 9:20 AM, Frog Jumper said:

The Brat wheel (and Rough Rider) are 1.75”, while the Frog wheel (SRB) is 1.5”.  

I have never seen after market tires for the 1.75 wheels, though I don’t doubt someone likely made some.  

There are many tires options for the 1.5 size including Duratrax, Proline, Troll, etc. Most are ”vintage” but should be available with some searching (or eBay).

The 1.5 wheels are a direct fit and can replace the 1.75 wheels easily.  So while you may not be able to find 1.75 off road spikes, you could put a standard Frog wheel/tire on for off road driving. 

I switch between Frog rears and Brat rears on my sons Grasshopper depending on where we are driving. 

Terry

1.55 and 1.7?

On 5/7/2020 at 11:03 PM, superted said:

Hi

anybody know any alternative tamiya tyre options for the subaru Brat?

cheers

I like the look of ,Troll tyres (tires) , although maybe get a bit expensive for the brat...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274303063802

Can't seem to get just the rears in black atm, can get red or yellow, but look a bit weird imo.