Hi all, thanks for letting me in. I was using this whilst building my first RC kit in around 13 years. 
Back in the late 90,s 2000 era I built a TLO1 wrc focus and a Suburu, think that’s was TT01. For various reasons I dropped out

of the hobby. Now with having been furloughed( retired but still working) I felt the urge to get back into this hobby.

So after much deliberation I settled on the CC01 Landrover. I enjoyed the build fitting bearings from the off but on running it in the garden

realised the restricted steering so am improving that with alloy parts(rack and drive shafts), wheels and tyres on order and possibly a high turn motor to slow it down.

5BF7536F-519D-4321-A8C1-7F2653024943.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome aboard :) You can't go wrong with a XC-01! (Tamiya changed its name to CC-01)

Welcome! That's a nice looking Land Rover! Not many CC01 stay stock for long - looking forward to seeing your mods.

Indeed - the CC-01 is a great platform for mods and hop-ups. Hope you have fun with it!

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments.  Will let you know how the mods go and perform.