bugged

M01/M02 Parts Wanted

Hi Guys

I dragged this out of storage last week and need a few parts to get her up and running again !

Not lookin to buy new parts on trees or bags, Would work out to expensive ! Just thought that maybe you guys may have them as spares laying around in your spares box

So heres the list:-

Drive Shaft x 1 ( A Bag ~ MA10 ~ 9805503 )

Front Hubs x 2 ( C parts ~ C10 )

Front Stepped Hub Screws ( B Bag ~ MB9 ~ 50585 )

Front Stub Axle x 1 ( B Bag ~ MB3 ~ 9805503 )

12mm Hexs x 3 ( C Parts ~ C 6 )

5mm Ball Sockets x 4 ( D Parts ~ D11 x 2 D11 X2 )

Ball Connector Long x 1 ( B Bag ~ MB9 )

Hex Pins x 3 ( C Bag ~ MC3 50594 )

Thanks for looking and shall look forward to any replies and help !

Cheers

Shane

IMG_2012.jpg

No one out there have any parts that I need ?

Thanks in advance

Bugged Aka Shane

What's your location? I have everything but the front knuckles, but international shipping might be a dealbreaker for you?

59 minutes ago, OCD said:

What's your location? I have everything but the front knuckles, but international shipping might be a dealbreaker for you?

Hi Ocd, Seem to remember you from a few years back ?!

Im in Northern Ireland now BT33 0LG

Front knuckles seem to be hard to come by these days.

Still curious about postage and cost in total

Cheer buddy

Have we traded before? My mind is a sieve now days :lol:

Shipping to UK starts at $14.50USD and $24.50 for anything over 8 ounces. I know, it's ridiculous. :unsure:

Maybe an M-Chassis expert can chime in here, but I think you might be able to use a M03/4 knuckle with the right kingpins? They're very similar but the tie rod mount is a bit different. I think I have both but need to dig into my M parts bin.

Dont think traded, Just seen you around from memory !

M03/M04 Front do fit, But the arm are a lot longer than the M02.

Fitting them would make the steering bind up I reckon?!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bugged said:

Dont think traded, Just seen you around from memory !

Ha, just had a look at our join dates and it looks like I only signed up 6 months before you... 16 years ago 😲😂😭 Without a doubt we've crossed paths before lol

On closer inspection I can see the two knuckle arms are quite different from one another as you've pointed out. The king pins are the same though. Hmmmm

41 minutes ago, OCD said:

Ha, just had a look at our join dates and it looks like I only signed up 6 months before you... 16 years ago 😲😂😭 Without a doubt we've crossed paths before lol

On closer inspection I can see the two knuckle arms are quite different from one another as you've pointed out. The king pins are the same though. Hmmmm

I am sure of it, And your black beetle with red four spokes spark my memory.

I can pretty much source all the other parts by kit bashing and ordering the relevant parts, But the front knuckles is another story. And I dont really want to buy another M01/M02 Chassis just for knuckles. As there are quite a high price at the moment.

Yep, the M01/2 stuff has been getting increasingly rare and runners seem to be getting shelved as a result. Too bad because these chassis have character even if they're not the greatest performers.

Do you think it's possible to trim the knuckle arm an drill a new mounting point further inboard? With the right size drill bit you probably could get away with not cutting new threads. M03 knuckles are common enough that you could experiment without the threat of destroying the unicorn poo :D