Sign in to follow this  
Hudson

Top Force body on DF01

Hi all, I have a Top Force body (of sorts) that I'm considering putting on my Blazing Star.  I reckon the Top Force body is aftermarket (the lexan is too thick and rigid for Tamiya) and a larger part than normal has been cut from the front.  I actually really like the way the body sits on the DF01 chassis with all of the front gear box on show.  Can anyone confirm that the way this body has been cut out doesn't correspond to any of the Top Force variants?  The two raised dimples with holes at the front of the body - what are these for?  These holes correspond perfectly to the screw points that fix the front gear box casing, is there a legitimate way of fixing the body using these holes somehow?  It seems like too much of a coincidence that the holes are there - I'm wondering if a part/modification exists that can make this work.

I do also have the undertray and wing for the Top Force body, all of which, if I can make this work, I will re-paint as I don't like the green so much - though it will be painting on the outside as I'm not committed enough to start stripping paint.  Any tips for painting the outside of lexan bodies?

This is all getting a bit long winded now!  If anyone can help or offer any insight I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

Stephen

IMG_4202.JPG

IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4204.JPG

• Like 1

Yep part of the front is missing, it is possible to mount on a DF but you would need a longer rear body post like used for the neo top force and have to make something to attach to the front.

I have an old TF body on a DF01 chassis (blazing star) that I've built as a speed runner. I had to trim the plastic aerial tube holder down flush for clearance but other than that it fits fine using the original rear body mount. I still have the front end on my shell so I've just put a large body pin in the front body mount to trap the shell down plus a bit of velcro for now until I work something better out.

With some trimming you can make a top force upper chassis deck fit on the bathtub chassis and then you can use the proper top force front mount but you will need some of the J-parts tree to do it, plus the upper deck which aren't that commonly sold individually.

The little humps are there because the shell is supposed to fit snugly against the front gear box casing and those allow clearance for the screws.

Ok great, thanks very much for your replies, I think you've cleared everything up for me.......