Griffbolt

Tamiya CC01 Stroke Extension Kit - BLIX RC Parts

Hello, I am here to share a new cost effective way to increase suspension travel on the CC01 Chassis. The  has been proven to be well designed and to last long. Comes with everything you need to install even spare parts included! Its a fraction of the cost of any of the TAMIYA CC01 Extension Link Kits with 100% of the functionality!

790740768__BLIXRCPartsLogo.png.e1bae67bdf3eca1b8b394c39430c3a71.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233585123592  

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 12.47.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 12.47.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 12.48.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 12.48.22 AM.png

Nice.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to your product. But I have tried using a stroke extension and didn't like it at all. Removed it right away after testing because it feels so artificial and wobbly. So instead, I came up with installing this. 

t5Xew6Th.jpg

hhc59WHh.jpg

It allows 100-110mm shocks to be installed. A lot of suspension travel and very easy to install. The mount also comes with several mounting threaded holes for more adjusting options. No wobbling or slopping. It's made of aluminum which makes it sturdy and durable and only cost $10 for the pair.

6 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Nice.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to your product. But I have tried using a stroke extension and didn't like it at all. Removed it right away after testing because it feels so artificial and wobbly. So instead, I came up with installing this. 

t5Xew6Th.jpg

hhc59WHh.jpg

It allows 100-110mm shocks to be installed. A lot of suspension travel and very easy to install. The mount also comes with several mounting threaded holes for more adjusting options. No wobbling or slopping. It's made of aluminum which makes it sturdy and durable and only cost $10 for the pair.

thank you, i always love to get feedback so I can improve the design, I can see where you are coming from, it would make it very unstable during off road use, maybe I could implement a way to put a little tension in the system. Great idea you did on yours looks tough and durable  

46 minutes ago, Griffbolt said:

thank you, i always love to get feedback so I can improve the design, I can see where you are coming from, it would make it very unstable during off road use, maybe I could implement a way to put a little tension in the system. Great idea you did on yours looks tough and durable  

Thanks.

But I'd like to correct you on the stability during off-road with mine. It's very stable and have no problems running it on dirt, rocky terrain, mud or gravel. I have several trials on the mount placement before I finally came up this way. I've also redesigned the front shock mounts to allow longer dampers. Used 3mm carbon fiber board and created holes for the shock to go through. Maybe you can come up with something similar to accommodate longer dampers for the CC-01. 

S2G4tgv.jpg

t6XL51xh.jpg

lA9eLGlh.jpg

16 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Thanks.

But I'd like to correct you on the stability during off-road with mine. It's very stable and have no problems running it on dirt, rocky terrain, mud or gravel. I have several trials on the mount placement before I finally came up this way. I've also redesigned the front shock mounts to allow longer dampers. Used 3mm carbon fiber board and created holes for the shock to go through. Maybe you can come up with something similar to accommodate longer dampers for the CC-01. 

No i was talking about stability with my system, But that is a very nice rig you got there, i think it would be cool to create a product that allows the installation of 100-110mm shocks on the CC01, there is probably no way getting around cutting into the chassis because it would be nice for someone who wants a more user friendly install.

8 minutes ago, Griffbolt said:

No i was talking about stability with my system, But that is a very nice rig you got there, i think it would be cool to create a product that allows the installation of 100-110mm shocks on the CC01, there is probably no way getting around cutting into the chassis because it would be nice for someone who wants a more user friendly install.

I know what you mean. Keep this thread updated with your new products. Don't hesitate to ask for suggestions as well.

Keep safe! :)