ThunderDragonCy

WTB - Thundershot chassis project, anything considered

Been thinking I want a stock version of the Thundershot chassis now my Thunder Dragon has evolved somewhat. I have a body, so just need to be a rolling chassis. Doesn't even needs wheels, tyres or shocks. Anything considered, but ideally the original monoshock suspension layout.

Anyone got a stalled project or spares stashed? 

• Like 1

Hi Cy. Glad you're coming round to the idea of having a stock one as we. I'll have a look at what I've got. My spares are packed away somewhere so I need to find them. I know I don't have a chassis. Would you be interested in the original hotshot hopup thrust washers? I've just received some in the post and didn't realise that I only needed one bag rather than 2, so have a spare. 

• Like 1

What's your budget for a complete car?

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I've got some spares stashed away - I'll go check and get back to you.

• Like 1

I have my shed neglect resto or for cheaper my original runner or even thunder Cheese, depends on your budget and what condition your after?

Thanks everyone. To answer questions

2 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Hi Cy. Glad you're coming round to the idea of having a stock one as we. I'll have a look at what I've got. My spares are packed away somewhere so I need to find them. I know I don't have a chassis. Would you be interested in the original hotshot hopup thrust washers? I've just received some in the post and didn't realise that I only needed one bag rather than 2, so have a spare. 

Thanks for having a look. Don't need the thrust washers thanks. It's not going to be a shelfer, so doesn't need vintage bits, just useable. Tubs are available. 

1 hour ago, taffer said:

What's your budget for a complete car?

Well under £100. I think i can get the new parts i would need to build a rolling chassis from my spares for £85-90. No shell chassis sold on ebay for around £50 recently which more the ballpark. People are asking silly money for even quite tatty full buggies. 

1 hour ago, jonboy1 said:

I'm pretty sure I've got some spares stashed away - I'll go check and get back to you.

Thanks. 

As a help, i have all the front and rear knuckles, steering parts, battery retainers, shock towers, prop shaft and outdrives, some axles and driveshafts, and bits to make three black cva shocks,  front sway bar, bumper, plus a body. Few other bits. What i need is

Tub

Most of the A parts except A5 (i'll get my reinforced one) 

All four arms (i have top arms, but i guess most people do) 

Motor plate

Counter gear and a couple of gears. I have diffs

Body mounts (although i could 3D print these) 

Possibly those little e clip pins for the plastic top arms. I probably have some but i haven't seen them for years! 

The B8 part that holds the rear arm inner screwpins, although again i can potentially model this up and 3D print it. 

5 minutes ago, taffer said:

I have my shed neglect resto or for cheaper my original runner or even thunder Cheese, depends on your budget and what condition your after?

Thunder Cheese?! 

Budget is small as possible. Tatty is fine so long as its not broken. Like i say, new spares are £85-90 so it would soon tiptoe over £100 with diff outdrives and the like. I like using up spares rather than buying new. 

5 minutes ago, taffer said:

My yellow thunder dragon

Amazing. Anything you would be willing to part with for the price i have in mind?

I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon

• Thanks 1

Here's the bits I've got:

The gearboxes are fully built, ready to go.

I'll have the springs and lower spring mounts too.

Oh, and I've got a motor plate too.

IMG_1461.JPG

• Thanks 1

@jonboy1 Thanks so much for digging those out. Would it be ok to wait until i know what @taffer@taffer has too? Out of the parts you have i would take the arms, gearboxes and motor plate. Don't need shocks or wheels. Although this is going to be fairly OG spec, i prefer CVA2 shocks as they are less leaky and i have parts, and i am going to run 2.2" wheels to get some tyre choice. It would be a couple of the BS5 pins i need. Got e clips. Thank you. 

yeah of course mate, no worries, they aren't going anywhere ;)

I'll have a dig around in the meantime and see if I've got a couple of those pins

• Thanks 1

Just looking at my showroom on a break, shed neglect, recent partial restore I'd let go.....but for £80 Inc UK shipping

Depending how fast your going with it will depend how much extra you'll need to do.

TBH you look like you nearly have all the parts to build one which is always more exciting unless £80 is much cheaper???

• Thanks 1

howdydoody

found the motor plate and some link pins, but...............the link pins are the 25mm long ones out of the Terra, not the 14mm ones from the Thunder.

Well, this is somewhat awkward now, as I was going to ask £85 for the parts......:ph34r:

;) 

PM me what you think they're worth mate, you are the fountain of knowledge of all things Thunder/Scorcher so you'll have a far better idea than me. ;)