gregdogghurst

lipo alarms without balance lead

Do you not have a smaller bullet connector on there which would let you use a balance lead? It should have one there for charging. Even with only 2 cells its good practice to balance charge. See picture for example, there's a 2mm bullet in the centre between the two terminals. 

18610.jpg

You will need to find a way to read an individual cell voltage and get that wired to the LVA. It's possible you can set it to 6.6v (example) and tag it off the main leads with a small adaptor and a bit of splicing and soldering. Unfortunately  this might still lead to over discharged cells (one could be 3.7 and one 2.9v before it triggers) as you're not balance charging the battery. 

If you could let us know which battery and what alarm you're wanting to use I'm sure we can come up with a solution. 

Never heard of that, but mine shorty lipo have the balance leads on them, sure you can run the shorty lipo with a cable without the balance lead but I think you are not going to use  a lipo alarm that way

image.thumb.jpg.7c954865834f8966cc4fe2258b67f4d8.jpg

Thanks for replies 👍🏽

this my battery which I have charge balance lead for. But all the lipo alarms I have seem require a balance lead from battery with jst plug for connection

you should be able to just use the balance connector (JST-XH) plugged directly into the alarm. All the cheapies I've used run like that. 

4 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

you should be able to just use the balance connector (JST-XH) plugged directly into the alarm. All the cheapies I've used run like that. 

sorry could you post a pic so i know what im looking for?!

am i being dumb?!:blink:

37 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

s-l400.jpg

lipo-battery-monitor-1-8s-with-alarm-acc

The white connector. 

Sorry if i'm not being particularly clear 

ok so i would have to solder in new +/- batttery leads with(balance leads already connected) to my esc

or splice in the smaller +/- wires for balance

Thanks very much for the help