Northern_Ben

CC01 Lowering Kit - what size wheels?

Hi all, as per the title really.

Just wondering what size wheels the cc01 lowering kit has? I'm considering it, but don't want to use the chrome wheels that come with it....

Thanks!

The lowering kit tires are identical to the stock items that came with the 1/8 scale TGX touring cars. It's a really odd size and unless you want to fork over a stack of cash, I don't think there's a good substitute for the wheels. :unsure:

I'm pretty sure they are a 2.2 design. The tyres are a very low profile design unlike any 2.2 buggy tyre.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:18 AM, Bromley said:

I'm pretty sure they are a 2.2 design. The tyres are a very low profile design unlike any 2.2 buggy tyre.

They aren't. The wheels are closer to 2" and the tires are identical to those supplied in the 1/8 TGX kits.

I'm really puzzled as to why lower a chassis that was made for off-road/crawling/trailing. The CC-01 has a big tub chassis which will take a lot to properly lower it. You should have used a TC or buggy chassis and install or retrofit a body you like.

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

I'm really puzzled as to why lower a chassis that was made for off-road/crawling/trailing. The CC-01 has a big tub chassis which will take a lot to properly lower it. You should have used a TC or buggy chassis and install or retrofit a body you like.

90's kids were a weird bunch 😂

• Haha 1