Sign in to follow this  
Wickerd20

2017 Top Force coming from Hong Kong

While the astute/super astute is my over all favorite Tamiya biggie. In the 90s could not afford a Top Force first time around but saw the re release version. Coming to me by boat :p 

• Like 2

They are a great buggy, I scratched that itch a few months ago too. Also have thr Super Astute which is another greta build. Why not grab a SA now too while they're available?

• Like 1

I have one :) it was my first  cvoid19 project. Something about the colors screams 90s to me, another person said this but it's so true.

15894905536467145959069952828852.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Wickerd20 said:

I have one :) it was my first  cvoid19 project. Something about the colors screams 90s to me, another person said this but it's so true.

15894905536467145959069952828852.jpg

Yep so true.  We couldn't afford the Top Force or Super Astute BITD (even the Manta Ray and Madcap were too much of a stretch, secondhand Boomerang for me), a mate had a Kyosho Outrage which was yellow with neon stickers and that really set the benchmark for me as far as what a buggy should look like.

On 5/14/2020 at 7:43 PM, Wickerd20 said:

Coming to me by boat :p 

I am just curious reading this lines and remember a video I have seen recently.

Tyrolia, an Austrian Ski-manufacture, shipped containers of equipment to the USA in the 90s. For some reasons they got prblems there becuase of quality issues. Lot of bindings broke during normal use. So they sent a tracker with the next container and figured out it had 50°C for 3 weeks inside the freigther. This made plastic parts very brittle.

Can you guys imagine we could have the same issues with our shipped kits? :blink:

That is an interesting thought for sure. For sure temperature extremes either way affects plastics...hopefully not :) I will update once I get the kit. 

Did you get it from RCmart?  Their prices are good but their current shipping to the US it basically the cost of a Grasshopper.  Tough to swallow...