Sign in to follow this  
whahooo

Kyosho First Mini -Z for Kids

Hello,

i wanted to buy a Mini-Z Toyota Sprinter (+ a Toyoty Celica). But wow they`re expensive as badword even "out of the Box".

So i  got to Ebay and searched....    Yesterday i found that Kids Toys from Kyosho, i watched the promotionial Video and it was an Instant Buy for 50 Bucks (Shipping is expensive...).

But today i watched i Videoreview and found out that they are not Propotionial, either the Steering nor the Gas...

So now i`m depressed because of my wron decision, even if that Car is for my Daughter...  But Kids need Proportional Steering and Gas to. (She can drive a Fighter Buggy RX)

• Like 1

Yep, but if you fit a Micro Servo a Micro ESC, A Receiver and a Remote to the Car, ther is no Price Advantage to a Propper Mini Z....

And the Chassis is still not very Capable :D

Here is a Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlHj6QYB9aA

It`s cheap als heck. The Promotional Video did a good Job, ithough: "ok, its a propper mini Z with very slow RW Settings, but its Functional and perfect for Kids" But without an ESC and a Servo its useless for Kids....

Here is the Steering Mechanism :

Good value when you consider the cost of the bodyshell! 

But yeah, better off with a 'proper' Mini Z. I bought a 4WD 2 years ago. I don't use it much, but it's a nice little thing to have and doesn't take up much space.

I? afraid that the Bodyshell is also "Toy Grade" i ordered a WlToys Driftcar with an ugly Porsche Body because i thougt that the Wheelbase is 90 mm each, but the WlToy Drift Car has  98mm Wheelbase.

So maybe there is a little inexpensive Mod to install a Microservo and ESC in the Future. (I must have a Receiver, ESC Combo from a Losi Micro-T laying around.somewhere)

Also i Hope to find a good Shell for the WlToys Drifter, because i do not like Porsches (exept the Rally Porsche from Tamiya) and the Color looks ugly. There is a Guy that put Dicast Bodys on that little things, but i think they are to heavy.
But a Delorean Drifter or Renault R5 Drifter would be awsome.

FWIW, I bought a little Associated RC28 for my son. It has proportional throttle and steering.

Not only that, but it has survived two and a half years of pretty much constant play with my five year old, which would be like surviving for five years with any other kid.

• Thanks 1

Wow, i`ve never saw that mini RC10 :D

So now i have to get one....

• Like 1