daddycool

Considerations when buying a decent servo (alu mount, end points, compatibility, etc)

Hi

I want to get a low profile servo for a TB05 I’m building. I’m hoping to use an old-ish Acoms Techniplus transmitter and receiver I already have.

It won’t be run very often and just for fun but I like the idea of a half decent servo, which gets me into digital and metal gearing. I’ve seen a Savox 1251 gets high praise and Ive seen it for £36 so could go for that, but I don’t want to then spend out on other bits to make it work. Is it even possible to set end points with my basic transmitter?

Alternatively I’d listen to recommendations on cheaper capable low profile servos. As it’s for a touring car and not competing I guess I can be flexible with the lower torque models.

Thanks, Kris 

8 minutes ago, daddycool said:

Hi

I want to get a low profile servo for a TB05 I’m building. I’m hoping to use an old-ish Acoms Techniplus transmitter and receiver I already have.

It won’t be run very often and just for fun but I like the idea of a half decent servo, which gets me into digital and metal gearing. I’ve seen a Savox 1251 gets high praise and Ive seen it for £36 so could go for that, but I don’t want to then spend out on other bits to make it work. Is it even possible to set end points with my basic transmitter?

Alternatively I’d listen to recommendations on cheaper capable low profile servos. As it’s for a touring car and not competing I guess I can be flexible with the lower torque models.

Thanks, Kris 

I have a bunch of 1251, they are great. Prices are on a constant level for them. An alternative can be the R12 from power HD, great bang for the buck. On sale at RC mart at the moment. Don´t care About end Points of your Transmitter, just get a servo horn or saver with the right geometry, so you can adjust mechanically the throw.

Kind regards,

Matthias